Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #1
NET12
NET12's Flag is: United States

Default I want to be sure that she will get support

i just want to ask how and where to file for child support. i have a 5 year old kid and her father is in alaska, usa.. i always receive verbal abuse from my ex husband before he gives us money for my kid. and sometimes threaten us that he will no longer send money... my daughter will be in school this june and i want to be sure that she will get support from her father legally.. thank you.
NET12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: I want to be sure that she will get support

You get a court order for child support. Then if he doesn't pay he can be held in contempt or have his pay garnished and tax refunds intercepted. You'd be wise to talk to an attorney.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2018, 05:42 AM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by NET12 View Post
i just want to ask how and where to file for child support. i have a 5 year old kid and her father is in alaska, usa.. i always receive verbal abuse from my ex husband before he gives us money for my kid. and sometimes threaten us that he will no longer send money... my daughter will be in school this june and i want to be sure that she will get support from her father legally.. thank you.
...not sure why you waited five years. You should have jumped on that issue a lot sooner if he is failing to pay in a reasonable way.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:58 AM   #4
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that you may complete a CSSD (Alaska Child Support Services Division) application for services and provide as much information as possible about the noncustodial parent. Alternatively, you may file a petition in the local Family Court for child support. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #5
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NET12 View Post
i just want to ask how and where to file for child support. i have a 5 year old kid and her father is in alaska, usa.
So where do YOU live?

Why wasn't child support dealt with during your divorce?
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this regard you should file the child support in the jurisdiction where the child resides. It is good to consult a lawyer in order to pursue the case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote