Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamuro12
    • Jul 2013

Re: UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Hello Daniel,

Got your conversation in this forum. May I ask if you are there already in UAE? since I have same case with you.

Hello Cutewatcher,

Is your friend got a visa even he/she has a police case and banned in the immigration?

Appreciate your response.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

• naaaddd
      • Jun 2013

Hello Dear all. I am Pakistani. I was working in UAE from 2006 to 2012. I took 7 Credit Card From 5 Banks, ADCB, FGB, Barclay, Citibank, HSBC of Abu Dhabi total limit of all cards AED.300000. equal to around US$80000/- I Start Gold online trading and I lost all Credit Card amount in trading in 3 years. I was cancelled my visa in july 2012 because of my health problem. I have a disease name "ankylosing spondylitis" pain in all body. Now i am in Pakistan. Dear if i remain in Pakistan than what action banks will take against me in Pakistan, and after what time? Mean if i stop payments on 01-08-2013 then banks will take action by Interpol against me in Pakistan after how much duration? please guide me. Waiting for your reply. I am using the cards from last 7 years. Banks already earn double of my cards limits from me. My all salaries spend in interest till now. So Please Guide me that what the Abu Dhabi banks will do with me in pakistan. I don't have money to pay them. Please guide me. Thanks for Guidance.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Kamuro12
        Hello Daniel,

Got your conversation in this forum. May I ask if you are there already in UAE? since I have same case with you.

Hello Cutewatcher,

Is your friend got a visa even he/she has a police case and banned in the immigration?

Thanks in advance.
        MY ANSWER : He is working now in UAE since he arrived on May 22.. he told me just now he has no police case only bank poblem

Comment

• Sandman64
          • Aug 2013

Hello Daniel,

Hello Cutewatcher,

Thanks in advance.
          Thanks to Daniel79 / Cutewatcher / Unsuscribed? for your insight and comments,

In following this thread, I too am interested to knowing what happens if you return to the UAE with a debt. There are obviously a number of people in similar UAE debt predicaments (me inclusive). and curious to know what happens if they return for work offers or other reasons.

I left Dubai June 2010 after 3 years and a third redundancy. I was one of many filled with fear of not being able to make payments on a mortgage for my apartment which, by that stage, had devalued to 60% of original purchase price.
          My family and I fled back to more stable work conditions in my home country, booking the return flight on a UAE credit (and without telling the bank - fearing I would be detained/ arrested in UAE)
          Prior to leaving UAE I rented the apartment which returned only half of the required mortgage payment, and after 6 months fell short in Mortgage payments.
          The bank chased me via emails and phone in my home country and was honest to reply and advise that I could not fulfill my repayment obligations.
          I was quite happy to sign a POA -power of attorney agreement as offered to allow the Bank full control of the management of the property. This also gives them right to sell the property for any price and whenever they desire.

I am now looking at new opportunities to again work in UAE and would return if I had re-assurance that I am not "black-listed".

I am wanting to know if there is any legal advise or process required to find out if you have a ban or blacklisted name in the UAE.

Looking forward to any reply.
          Cheers.
          Sandy.

Comment

• Unregistered

If you have a friend in UAE , send him/her your passport and visa page copy .He can go direct to the police department or ask them if they know a P.R.O. to check in the immigration... But you need to pay 150 or 200 AED . He can get the printed copy of the police report . All bank cases are now civil case not anymore criminal case.
            You need to surrender your passport and if you need your passport back, somebody ( Male ) will bond their passport for you ..( in exchange ) .

This is what happened to my friend .

Comment

• Unregistered

Update about me :

I sent my passport and visa page to my friend 3 weeks ago. He will send me the copy of the police report . He told me that I can come back anytime in UAE as I have am not blacklisted . Only that it shows bank problem.

Comment

• Soniyap
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by cutewatcher
                i have a closed friend who left dubai last Feb , 2012 becoz his company closed . he runs from thebank which he owes AED 30,000 . He is afraid to go inside the jail. after 14 months out from dubai, he got a job offer. he gamble his life and went to dubai last May 22, 2013 without negotiating with the bank. He said if i go to jail , let it be .
                last May 22, when he reached Dubai immigration , he was hold and brought to the police immigration , his passport was taken away and he was told that he has a police case from the bank.
                He let him go and was told that he can only get back the passport if he pay his fine in the court for the police case of , AED 2500.
                To make the long story short , he paid it and took the passport back and now he is normally working after a week.
                So it means, that no more jail for the expats ? As he is the living proof .
                I have read your above post and would like to know after paying this fine in court was the case closed or he still has to pay the bank?

Comment

• Daniel79
                  • Jul 2013

Hello Daniel,

Hello Cutewatcher,

Thanks in advance.
                  Hi Kamuro,

I am still in my home country as there's been some delays processing the employment visa due to the ramadan holidays.

I'm beginning to be frustrated from the seemingly sluggish rate so I'm planning to just fly there via visit and just oversee the employment visa application from the UAE.

I am still a little worried though of the risk that my previous delinquent accounts from SCB Oman might give me problems entering the country. However I had some feedback from colleagues that once a visit visa is secured, its more likely that the police report is clear.

I wonder now if there are people on this thread who have first hand information on this? If yes, appreciate if you can share the same here so that others including myself can also benefit.

Once I have an update on my situation, I'll be posting my experience here.

Regards,

Daniel79

Comment

• Daniel79
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Update about me :

I sent my passport and visa page to my friend 3 weeks ago. He will send me the copy of the police report . He told me that I can come back anytime in UAE as I have am not blacklisted . Only that it shows bank problem.
                    Hi,

Can you tell us whether your friend haf further info on what will happen once you fly back?

Also, if possible, can you share with us your case and how much did you owe?

I had accumulated around AED30K over a period of 5 yrs from my SCB-Oman CC when my company discontinued my contract in 2008. I was not able to find out about it till 2011, when a collection agency told me I already owed that much due to penalties and late fees.

How are you planning to reenter the country (advance visit visa)?

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!

-Daniel79

Comment

• Unregistered

[QUOTE=Daniel79;307974]
                      Originally posted by cutewatcher

Thanks so much for the advise Cutewatcher... I'll let everyone know what will turn out. I'm looking forward to return to the GCC and finally correct this problem once and for all.

One follow up questions, your friend who had the same case. You mentioned he was detained when he arrived in UAE? How is he/she doing right now? Is she already working? Were she detained in prison?

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!
                      Guy,

Please see the link it might help...

UAE drops Interpol alerts against debt 'skippers' - Banking & Finance - ArabianBusiness.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I have heard numerous testimonies that indeed, some bank chase after the defaulter to the extent of filing criminal cases against them in dubai. there are also people who have the "luck" to escape (i assume that this is probably because all credit card balance are theoretically backed up by an insurance coverage in case of default, in favor of the bank). I would say that it's so hard to generalize since UAE has the constant practice of changing their rules. Earlier, say around 2009, one could serve jail time in lieu of paying for credit card balance. they changed that around 2012 because people are crowding the jails to "serve" jail time...

Comment

• ATLANTIS

Update about me :

Do you mind sharing the exact department & location to submit my passport & Visa Page on the same manner as you friend in did in UAE please? Any website available?? Thank You.

Comment

• ATLANTIS
                            • Aug 2013

Update about me :

Do you mind sharing the exact department & location to submit my passport & Visa Page on the same manner as you friend in did in UAE please? Any website available?? Thank You.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by ATLANTIS

It could be a PRO but you need to pay 150-280 AED.......coz they will check and pay for the printed copy of your visa status

if you want i can give you the email add of my friend,,.

Comment

• Unregistered

It could be a PRO but you need to pay 150-280 AED.......coz they will check and pay for the printed copy of your visa status

if you want i can give you the email add of my friend,,.

It is in the Immigration .Only PRO can go inside to check as they have a PRO ID.
                                you need to pay coz it is personal work for the pRO also

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...