Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
rayray713
rayray713's Flag is: Mexico

Default Hope someone can shine some light

I was recently deported from the USA and can no longer return and im currently living in Mexico. My wife has filed for divorce and child support, we have a 7 year old together. My question is, Can they withhold child support directly from my check, where im currently employed in mexico?
rayray713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Hope someone can shine some light

I wish to inform you that in 2008, the United States government became a signatory to the Hague Convention of 23 November 2007 on the International Recovery of Child Support and Other Forms of Family Maintenance. It was subsequently ratified on August 30, 2016, becoming effective in the United States as of January 1, 2017. Although the federal government of Mexico is not a signatory to this treaty, the establishment, collection and enforcement of child support orders between Mexico and the United States is based on international reciprocity or commitment through URESA/RURESA (Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act/Revised Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act) and now UIFSA (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act). In practice, this means that a country is reciprocal with the other if the foreign country has similar procedural laws that provide for the establishment, collection, and enforcement of foreign orders. In the case of Mexico, its Federal Code of Civil Procedure and each Mexican stateĀ“s Code of Civil Procedure includes special chapters that allow the registration and enforcement of foreign orders in their territories. You may contact a local attorney and seek further guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2018, 01:52 AM   #3
ruben08
ruben08's Flag is: Philippines

Default pregnant girl friend

My girlfriend is claiming that she is pregnant after doing a diy pregnancy test and concluded that I am the father. Now she is claiming financial support and insisting that I sign documents to make sure she gets the support.

Please advice what to do.
Thank you,
ruben
ruben08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: pregnant girl friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben08 View Post
Please advice what to do.
No, if you have a legal question start your own thread and include the relevant details of your situation, which you have failed to do.

Do not hijack another person's thread - start your own.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2018, 05:20 AM   #5
ruben08
ruben08's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: Hope someone can shine some light

Very sorry. BUt I cant find the new thread button. Pls help
ruben08 is offline   Reply With Quote