Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
mirko

Default Egyptian marriage certificate and false information

hello

i hope that anyone can advice me legally what i need to do me in this situation

i have dual nationality ( Italian -Egyptian) i was married with Italian girl and then we divorced in Italy through the Egyptian embassy in Italy.

after i married in Egypt with Egyptian girl and in the marriage certificate it was written that i confirm that i never married before?? i signed it because in the Egyptian registration office ( seegel madany) they told me that when Egyptian marry with foreign its not counted as precedent marriage?

now i am trying to register my marriage in Italy but they will not accept it as it result wrong information that i was married before ..and i must correct it?

how can i correct legally this marriage certificate?

thanks
mirko is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Egyptian marriage certificate and false information

I wish to inform you that you may request marriage certificate authorities to amend your marriage certificate or you can take court order for correction of detail. As regards marriage or divorce performed abroad it is necessary that it must be reported to Egyptian embassy within 3 months on Form 40 available at the consulate. As the details stated in your marriage certificate are incorrect because you were previously married and divorced, therefore, you may first get the marriage certificate corrected and then file Form 40.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
mirko

Default Re: Egyptian marriage certificate and false information

hi affa
thanks for your help

i mean that the mistake or the false declaration is in the Egyptian marriage certificate (which we make it in Egypt-between me and my Egyptian wife so i need to know how to correct this mistake in Egypt? there is no penal problem for me as its consider as false declaration? also can i correct it alone or with my wife must be with me?
thanks
mirko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Egyptian marriage certificate and false information

We've only found that the difficulty in getting married in Egypt is following the traditions in a very poor economy. Maybe you could help?