Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Money Frauds and Scams

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
razzle

Money Scam - LEE WANG of FS Trading Company ( linked to romance scheme )

Please help me , I'm trying to recover fraudulent wire transfers my from Wells Fargo acct that went to scammers account in Bangkok Thailand for total amount $ 36,880 cost

Houston, TX - I was targeted on Match.com in a romance scheme recently 09/29 that led to my paying for freight expense and advance payments on fraudulent cargo shipment from Lee Wang of FS Trading Company. The delivery was for project requisition invoices for this chemical engineer - Howard Smith ( after 2 months of romancing ) to complete his project with Exxon Mobile, and Dept of Alaska- Oil & Gas Natural Resources Division supposted on an oil rig to install a " Desalter Plant Process". The scheme involved a false desalter plant agreement contract with State Of Alaska -- and false bank accounts with Life Safe Inc. Since Howard Smith has poor internet connectivity on the rig, I was conducting banking transactions for this Howard Smith from his Life Safe account. Of course a wire from his account never arrived to my account at Wells Fargo .

Meanwhile, I had two foreign wire transfers exit Wells Fargo to a beneficiary account in Bangkok Thailand. Supposedly these funds paid for the cargo expense to Lee Wang on commercial invoices for materials shipment to exit Hong Kong and arrive to Port of Alaska. Once I received the Bill of Lading from Lee Wang and tracked the shipment on Emirates Shipping Line -- the actual bill of lading went to a past shipment -- for same materials that left India to dock in China on Sept 2013.

Dept of Alaska - Bob Pawlowski dept head of Oil & Gas division reports that I am the 5th such woman since June to send in that same contract for authentication.

11/03/2014 - Wells Fargo wire $ 16,880 cost
11/06/2014 - Wells Fargo wire $ 20,000 cost
11/12/2014 - I go to Wells Fargo branch to recall the foreign wire transfers and report as fraud.

12/01/2014 - the Bangkok Thailand bank responds to both recalls wire transfers and says the beneficiary acct denies the debit transactions to send back the monies. and instructs for me to pursue legal banking channels .

I've already reported these matters to FBI Houston offices and IC3 complaint filed. Dept of Alaska has names to give of 5 more women involved same scheme. FBI instructs this is organized crime targeted romance scheme. from players in Maryland, Hong Kong and Nigeria.

I really just want to get my money back, any legal suggestions ?
when first reported to Wells Fargo -- the foreign wire desk acted like the wires were in transit and they could cancel to get the monies back.

Beneficiary acct # 9020126661
Beneficiary : Kayode Gafar Fatai
Bangkok Bank Public Company Ltd
341343 Ramkhamhaeng Rd
Huamakr Bangkapi Bangkok 10240
swift code : BKKBTHBK
razzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-03-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Money Scam - LEE WANG of FS Trading Company ( linked to romance scheme )

I wish to inform you that you may inform law enforcement authorities of Thailand. As money had gone through bank wire transfer therefore exact details of name of bank account holder can be known. You may inform law enforcement agencies of Thailand who may then take action against accused. As there is bank account thus Thailand police may trace accused with assistance from bank as name of person withdrawing money can be known.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #3
Unregistered

I had this very same thing happen to me. Luckily I only sent $700, as the voice in my head told me it was too good to be true! I will not pursue getting my money back, and I wish you all the best!