Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
CrazyEva
CrazyEva's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Default Dunia Approached my Company and my Brother

I got a call today from my company headquarter that Dunia sent a person to approach our HR Department. At the reception he is saying its only for verification. Good thing the reception verified with me and I told not to let them in. Because going to the company did not work he then called my brother and told him that they will file police case against me. My brother is not aware of it as Im not disclosing it to my family. Is it legally allowed for collection agent to do this?
CrazyEva is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Dunia Approached my Company and my Brother

I wish to inform you that you may file a complaint with the bank at first if its debt collector are harassing you. If bank does not resolve then you may file a complaint with Central Bank for actions of debt collector and bank. Further you may inform to police or law enforcement agencies about harassment being caused to you.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2018, 04:29 AM   #3
CrazyEva
CrazyEva's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Thank you so much!
CrazyEva is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this regard you can contact the bank to stop the collection practice against you. You can try to settle the debt with the bank. The collection agents are not legally allowed to contact your employment and family if you are available on a phone call.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote