Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Divorce, Separation, Annulment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2016, 02:41 AM   #21
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: My husband abandoned me without notice and his personal belongings are still here

Yet you thought he was such great husband material until you were not in control of him in the marriage.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #22
Unregistered

Default Re: My husband abandoned me without notice and his personal belongings are still here

My husband left Ohio for CA two months ago and isn't coming back his brother says,

Can I empty his closet and send the stuff to his brother on the other side of town here in Ohio.

I don't want these things in the house any longer. And I am preparing to file for divorce.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:07 AM   #23
Unregistered

File for divorce and then have the court order that you may pack his things and ship them or throw them out.

You do not know for sure now what is going on and have only the brother to tell you.

BUT you can pack the items in boxes and get them ready, I just would not advise throwing them out at this point.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:04 PM   #24
Lisa593

My ex bf left 6 months ago and his crappy crap is still in my apartment.

Can I dump it or burn it all now?

Old 10-15-2017, 10:27 PM   #25
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa593 View Post

Stop hijacking other people's threads. Your situation is different. If you have a question START YOUR OWN THREAD.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 04:53 AM   #26
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa593 View Post

I went and dumped all his stuff at a monthly storage center. THAT was MY solution.

I'll pay the 69 dollars for a few months and then I am going to let them throw it all out!!!
The guy has been gone for 2 months and I haven't heard a word from him but relatives have been in touch.