Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 05:30 AM   #1
Patrick Jr.
Patrick Jr.'s Flag is: Ireland

Exclamation Is it LEGAL? Donor eggs + donor sperm for surrogacy in Ukraine.

My wife came across a surrogacy agency in Ukraine offering surrogate matching along with sperm and egg donation. "If you are infertile, sperm donor and egg donor will be provided for your program, your names will be put on the Birth certificate of your child, so legally speaking you'll be the parents". Technically, an embryo created of donor egg and donor sperm will be put into surrogate they provide. As far as I know, the Law of Ukraine clearly states that at least one of intended/comissioning parents MUST be a parent. This means that me, or my wife has to provide semen or eggs. I can't get how it works then in UKRCOM agency.
I looked through its website and it's not credible as for me. The price is attractive but what they offer seems illegal.
Does anyone use this agency? Be careful!
Patrick Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it LEGAL? Donor eggs + donor sperm for surrogacy in Ukraine.

The Ukranian law does not say it is illegal. There are actually two separate laws about surrogacy in Ukraine. First one says that you cannot use surrogate mother eggs. The second one says that you need to provide a document from fertilyty clinic about genetical relation for at least one of the parents to register a child with Ukranian athorities and get a Ukranian birth certificate. But you may not need Ukranian birth certificate if you can register a child with your embasssy without Ukranian certificate. Basically if in your own country donor eggs + donor sperm is legal you will be fine.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that Clause 123 of the Family Code of Ukraine has jurisdiction over surrogacy in Ukraine. It establishes the parental relationship in cases of Medically Assisted Reproduction. Under the article, “if an ovum conceived by a [married couple] is implanted to another woman, the [married couple] shall be the parents of the child. The clause supports the surrogacy contract, while at the same time restricting the procedure only to married couples." The term “Married” refers to Ukrainian law – which at the moment does not recognize same-sex marriages.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2018, 07:42 AM   #4
Unregistered

Smile Re: Is it LEGAL? Donor eggs + donor sperm for surrogacy in Ukraine.

[QUOTE=Patrick Jr.;372426]My wife came across a surrogacy agency in Ukraine offering surrogate matching along with sperm and egg donation. "If you are infertile, sperm donor and egg donor will be provided for your program, your names will be put on the Birth certificate of your child, so legally speaking you'll be the parents". Technically, an embryo created of donor egg and donor sperm will be put into surrogate they provide. As far as I know, the Law of Ukraine clearly states that at least one of intended/comissioning parents MUST be a parent. This means that me, or my wife has to provide semen or eggs. I can't get how it works then in UKRCOM agency.
I looked through its website and it's not credible as for me. The price is attractive but what they offer seems illegal.
Does anyone use this agency? Be careful![/QUO

In Ukraine its illegal. But many clinic do not put this information in documents .Only you will know that in program will be using all donors matterial .

Old 07-17-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
Unregistered

Donor egg+ donor sperm is illegal in Ukraine? UKRCOM are liers! They fool couples offering illegal methods to achieve pregnancy. I wouldn't trust them after all. What do they say when a newborn has DNA test? If there is no genetical link between a baby and at least one of parents, then serious consequences may come believe me