Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Law Schools and Law Students > Choosing a Law School

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
U.S. News
News Feed

Default 5 Tips for Getting Into Law School

Thinking you might want to go to law school one day? Wondering what you can do in college to put yourself in the best possible position to get in? This week, visiting blogger Asha Rangappa, associate dean of admissions at Yale Law School, offers her best suggestions for aspiring legal eagles:

I'm often approached by college freshmen and sophomores (and, less frequently, by high school seniors) who ask me how best to prepare for law school. My general advice is to relax and enjoy your college experience—after all, law school, unlike, say, medical school, doesn't have a lot of prerequisites that necessitate a ton of advance planning. But there are a few things you can do to make sure you've covered all your bases by the time you get to your senior year of college.

More...
U.S. News is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Steven Tomey

Default Re: 5 Tips for Getting Into Law School

HI
Nice post with some valuable information. The points which you are indicate i think thats very important for my future.
Thanks for share with us.
Steven Tomey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
john203
john203's Flag is: United States

Thanks for sharing the article.
john203 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
jameskorns
jameskorns's Flag is: United States

Such a great article! It might help for future purposes. Thank you for sharing, it is much appreciated.
jameskorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
employement
employement's Flag is: India

1. Research the law schools. You wouldn't go to a job interview without first conducting some research on your prospective employer, right? So why would you not do the same for a law school? Find out all you can about the school's culture, specialties, faculty, etc. Do not base your decision solely on rankings.

2. Write your personal statement. You're writing about a topic you know better than anyone else: you. If you've followed the steps outlined above, writer's block should not be much of a problem. Above all else, take the time to write a separate statement for each law school. According to University of North Carolina Law School Assistant Dean for Admissions Michael J. States, the most common mistake that law school applicants make is submitting the same personal statement to different schools. By doing so, they risk sending in a statement that does not adequately respond to the school's admission questions, and are wasting an opportunity to say why a particular school is right for them. (Click here to read the full transcript of our interview with Dean States.)

3. Obtain your letters of reference. Select who you want for references and determine how to approach them. Tell them what you would like them to say and explain your "story" to them. They should certainly substantiate that story to the best of their ability.

4. Practice for the admission interview -- if one is required. Review your application from a third person's perspective. Anticipate what questions they will ask you. Arrange one or more mock interviews to ensure you have your story down and it flows naturally.

5. Sit back and relax. You've done everything you can to the best of your ability. With some luck, you'll be deciding which of your many offers to accept!
employement is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #6
jhonlarson
jhonlarson's Flag is: UK

These tips are going to be noted.
jhonlarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
Rogerjames
Banned
Rogerjames's Flag is: Australia

I am a lawyer in Sydney everyone knows that the Sydney is more popular for lawyer i think you have take admission in the Sydney.
Rogerjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Unregistered

These guideline are too good and good research about law school, I thing this root is the best for the LLB student, Because they can get more information about law form here and they can choose a best root in their own life.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
justin1
justin1's Flag is: United States

Thank you for sharing this wonderful article with all of us here on this site. It was very informative and I loved it very much. Thanks again.
justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2016, 04:37 AM   #10
Unregistered

Which colleges offer integrated llb in India?