Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2018, 01:18 AM   #1
Cosmicsponge
Cosmicsponge's Flag is: Philippines

Default Collection agency

I have a debt in ksa for a loan but wasnt able to pay it before i left. Im still planning to pay to the when i have enough money to pay for it.. my question is, can the collection agency here in the philippines sue me for estafa or any case related?
Cosmicsponge is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Collection agency

I wish to inform you that as the credit card default occurred in KSA, the courts in Philippines may not have jurisdiction in this matter. The judgment in KSA may be filed in the court in Philippines for recognition and enforcement. Article 315 of the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines makes a person liable for estafa (swindling). Further, in the case of George L. Tubb vs. People of the Philippines et, al., G.R. No. L-9811 dated April 22, 1957, the Supreme Court convicted the accused of the crime of estafa, as defined and penalized under Article 315, subsection 1 (b), of the Revised Penal Code for misappropriating. It is essential however, to establish that there is deceit or fraud on the part of the accused. You may contact an attorney and seek further guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2018, 05:39 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Collection agency

In this case the collection agency of KSA bank could not initiate a case against you in your home country for the unpaid debt in KSA. Their threat of initiating criminal case only collection tactics and they have no legal standing to file the case in your home country.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2018, 11:16 AM   #4
Cosmicsponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
In this case the collection agency of KSA bank could not initiate a case against you in your home country for the unpaid debt in KSA. Their threat of initiating criminal case only collection tactics and they have no legal standing to file the case in your home country.
But the collection agency in the philippines is the one emailing me about it. Informing me ablut travel bans and stuff, including Poea. Should i just ignore every email they send?

Old 06-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #5
Cosmicsponge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that as the credit card default occurred in KSA, the courts in Philippines may not have jurisdiction in this matter. The judgment in KSA may be filed in the court in Philippines for recognition and enforcement. Article 315 of the Revised Penal Code of the Philippines makes a person liable for estafa (swindling). Further, in the case of George L. Tubb vs. People of the Philippines et, al., G.R. No. L-9811 dated April 22, 1957, the Supreme Court convicted the accused of the crime of estafa, as defined and penalized under Article 315, subsection 1 (b), of the Revised Penal Code for misappropriating. It is essential however, to establish that there is deceit or fraud on the part of the accused. You may contact an attorney and seek further guidance in the matter.

AFF
Sir are you saying that it is possible for the collection agency on the philippines to file a criminal case against me and ban me from agencies like poea and flag my name in other government institutions?