Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Attorneys and Legal Ethics

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2018, 05:06 AM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: I signed (under protest) a settlement

Quote:
Originally Posted by msno3 View Post
Hi all, I am hoping someone will help me find an answer. I signed (under protest) a settlement and sent it to my attorney. The "protest" was that I believe my attys acted on their behalf and not mine. This protest has nothing to do with the other party (big company). Now my atty is saying he will not submit it because of this statement. I was under the impression that he had to submit it anyway. After all, why would the big company care if I am unhappy with my attys, they are settling for a lot less than if I continued to pursue. Does my attorney have to submit the papers if I want him to submit them with the statement? Please, I am not sure where else to turn. Thanks for your help!
That is really not a good idea as sevral people have noted.

You either sign it or you don't. Anything else just creates confusion.
Also frankly I would think some attorneys on the other side would NOT accept such a document.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-09-2018, 07:44 AM   #12
Danieltaylor
Danieltaylor's Flag is: United States

Go through the statement once again, be sure at your side before stepping ahead.
Danieltaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #13
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieltaylor View Post
Go through the statement once again, be sure at your side before stepping ahead.
After SIX months I don't think the OP cares anymore. Try to be more timely with your comments or just forget about it.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote