Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Buying and Selling Property

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default selling a trailer that we own, but is in a park

My boyfriend and i moved in together in Sept 2007 and put up his trailer that he owns for sale. The trailer is in a trailer park and we have paid the lot rent every month. the park owner said that we had to use his real estate agent to sell our property so we signed the contract with her. He has denied anybody that has put an offer on the table because they had a kid, didn't like there job, or just didn't like the person. The real estate agent was supposed to have ads in the newspaper and shoppers guide (alternating each week) although there was quite a few weeks missed. She also was supposed to put a picture of it in the newspaper with the ad and still has never happened. We just signed a new contract for six months in March and she said that she had the trailer sold but then never called us back. We have attempted to call but she doesn't return our calls. She just called the other day to talk to my boyfriend but he wasn't home and said she would call right back and didn't . The next day my boyfriend was doing some yard work at the trailer to help improve the looks and the neighbor said that would be the last time my boyfriend would be coming to that trailer because they were going to make him move it out. Well if we pay the rent and have a six month contract to sell can they make us do that? also one day the owner says we have to have it moved if we sell it, and the next day he says it has to stay in the park. We are so confused and have spent so much money in the lot rent that we dont' know what we can do. It is a very nice trailer in a really nice trailer park but the people are not being honest with us. confused hard working person that has 5 kids and can't afford this nonsense

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
olive
Top Level Member

Default Re: selling a trailer that we own, but is in a park

They cannot force anything before that lease is up.

Also they really cannot force you to use an agent like that...
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No