Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
skeeterman

Default Tenant issue -- I have a couple in an apartment involved in a domestic issue

I have a couple in an apartment involved in a domestic issue. She kicked the husband out a couple weeks ago. Now she has not been seen or heard from for a week except her mother has talked to her. She won't call me. She is a week behind in her rent and her things are still in the apartment. What rights do I have? Can I get her ex to come get the stuff or her parents? My contract states that after 3 days of non-payment they have to exit the premises immediately. After she kicked the husband out, her and her dad changed the locks without consulting me first. I still don't have keys. Any ideas?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
Law200

Default re: Tenant issue -- I have a couple in an apartment involved in a domestic issue

You have to evict them in local court if they will not leave--it is easy to do.
Law200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No