Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Other Labor Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 03:56 AM   #1
Babugowda
Babugowda's Flag is: India

Default Financial issue... Customer went to consumer court

Dear sir/Madam.
I have done a mistake for that customer may lost 30 lakh and customer went to consumer court against BANK. if customer win the case bank will pay the compensation amount to customer. Now my question is will bank recovery that amount from me? I am not in the position to pay 50000/-. If bank ask to pay that amount what can I do?
Please assist me.
Babugowda is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Financial issue... Customer went to consumer court

Normally no--the bank is responsible for the mistakes of its employees unless you purposely committed a crime and eg took the funds yourself.

Otherwise the bank must pay--not you.

Of course they possibly could fire you, but you they cannot make you pay for the error.

tj

Old 05-13-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that doing any act prejudicial to the interest of the bank or gross negligence or negligence involving or likely to involve the bank in serious loss may result in termination of service, loss of promotion, etc. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2017, 11:02 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that doing any act prejudicial to the interest of the bank or gross negligence or negligence involving or likely to involve the bank in serious loss may result in termination of service, loss of promotion, etc. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
Dear sir/Madam.
Thy may not tell me to pay that 30 lakh??

Old 05-13-2017, 11:05 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Normally no--the bank is responsible for the mistakes of its employees unless you purposely committed a crime and eg took the funds yourself.

Otherwise the bank must pay--not you.

Of course they possibly could fire you, but you they cannot make you pay for the error.

tj
Dear sir/Madam.

But I have asked with some of lawyer, thy told in Indian law employer can make you as a responsible and employee most pay that 30Lakh, is it true?? kindly assist.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #6
Unregistered

Not if it was an accident and not purposeful behavior.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:28 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not if it was an accident and not purposeful behavior.
Dear sir/Madam,

Due to employee mistake bank Lost 20Lakh. Now bank asking me to pay that damaged amount. What to do now?. That work was very new to me so I have not processed as a guidelines. Now bank lost money. . Cluster head it's self accepted that staff not aware about the process through his mail.

Kindly assist me.
Babu.