Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Other Labor Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
mary_angel
mary_angel's Flag is: Philippines

Post Passport on Hold

Hi-

Seeking assistance on this matter. My fiancée was terminated from employment in Dubai for misconduct 2 months ago, employer was asking for a 3000AED fine. They were not able to pay the fine so they were asked to surrender their Emirates ID and their passport. They also did not receive their last month salary due to the said incident. They were asking for their passport back to at least find a part time or other job to pay for the fine however according to the employer he is still waiting for the decision of their other partners. Until now their passport is with the employer waiting for resolution. What can we further do for the employer to return at least his passport or whom can we seek assistance from regarding this matter?

Thank you very much
mary_angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: Passport on Hold

In this case the concerned person can file a police complaint regarding unauthorized holding of passport by employer. It is good to consult a lawyer in this regard.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Passport on Hold

I wish to inform you that the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs-Dubai has launched a toll free 'AMER service' for public complaints, suggestions and Inquiries. The 24-hour service offers several communication options, such as toll-free number (voice), fax, e-mail and e-chat. You may contact AMER service and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote