Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Neighbor Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 04:30 AM   #211
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have put out traps to catch cats. Be grateful it is not anti-freeze. Consider building an outdoor cat enclosure. I really dislike smelling cat pee when I open my windows for fresh air. Cats may not have to be leashed, but owners can be sued for property damage. No one is permitted by law to allow their pets to damage another persons property.

Call your city to find out trapping laws, but also consider the damage your cat does to other property. I keep my 3 cats in my own yard, and expect others to do the same. If they don't I will remove the problem.
Man. All you damned animal haters are *******s. Animals can roam free around their property. There's nothing wrong with that at all all you cruel *******s that trap cats like you guys do are completely cruel and torture animals and needlessly. I don't give a s***. What the hell is wrong with you people do you know what you're doing when you trapped animal that you're actually hurting the person that owns it as well? Here let's go take your dog and cut its head off and sit on your property all sees me he was on my property so I accidentally chop his head off. That's the same kind of mentality you idiots have. Leave cats roam they don't do much except catch mice.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #212
Unregistered

Quote:
Man. All you damned animal haters are *******s. Animals can roam free around their property. There's nothing wrong with that at all all you cruel *******s that trap cats like you guys do are completely cruel and torture animals and needlessly. I don't give a s***. What the hell is wrong with you people do you know what you're doing when you trapped animal that you're actually hurting the person that owns it as well? Here let's go take your dog and cut its head off and sit on your property all sees me he was on my property so I accidentally chop his head off. That's the same kind of mentality you idiots have. Leave cats roam they don't do much except catch mice.
Yeah, catch mice and piss on my outdoor furniture and make my back porch stink. My dog doesn't piss on your furniture so I will deal with your cats pissing on mine.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:10 AM   #213
Unregistered

Quote:
I just want to add that human being's rights trump any pet rights in matters such as these. Human beings are the species who buy homes, and we have the right to enjoy our property without it being damaged/destroyed by ignorant, careless neighbors who allow their cats to roam free, believing it's 'cruel" to confine them to their own property. It's much crueler to subject them to the dangers that exist for them once they are put outdoors. Anyone who truly doesn't get this concept should not be allowed to even own pets.

Pet owners who allow their pets to roam free are the first to be offended at anyone actually taking issue with it. If you wish to allow your cat to roam free, don't be surprised if I send you a bill for damages caused by YOUR cat, to anything on MY property.

Again, if you don't want your cat trapped by a neighbor who is trying to take care of a problem, and trying to possibly help the cat live another day, keep your cat on your own property. It's really as simple as that. If it weren't for irresponsible, neglectful, careless pet owners, there wouldn't even be a need for these types of traps, and neighbors would not feel forced to resort to using them. I can completely understand the neighbor's frustration.
How do you assume that because someone allows their cat out that they are ignorant and careless? That is a blanket statement. Since when did a cat being outdoors become wrong? Just because one allows a cat out does not mean they have not done their duty by the animal. Cats are not the only animals that do the deeds you have described. So in order to live in your pristine world birds who crap on cars, raccoons that crawl on cars, and any other animal who is free should be removed in some way shape or form! I call bs.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:15 AM   #214
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah, catch mice and piss on my outdoor furniture and make my back porch stink. My dog doesn't piss on your furniture so I will deal with your cats pissing on mine.
Okay the next time your dog gets out and comes and dumps in my yard I will "trap" it! At least a cat covers its dump up! Don't mind me its your world and I just live in it"️

Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 PM   #215
Elena2

Default Re: Laws on bait traps for cats

Traps should be banned and made criminal.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #216
Unregistered

It is illegal in my city!

Old 07-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #217
TamII

I don;t know about the USA but it generally IS ILLEGAL here in Australia to trap domestic cats and dogs.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 AM   #218
Unregistered

That is not true everywhere in Australia.
We have no such law where I live.
And there is no federal law to my knowledge.

And feral cats can be trapped.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:26 PM   #219
SamF2

Can I use bait traps for cats in Indiana?
I cant find the answer clearly.

Can anybody help by chance?

Thank you!!

Old 09-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #220
LJJ

I don't know what Indiana law provides at this point BUT I'm my opinion you should never be using such traps for domestic cats. It is cruel and unnecessary.

If you have an animal control issue call your local animal control office and they will send professionals to assist.