•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbhinavSinha
    • Dec 2014
    • India

UPES (India) - College of Legal Studies

The College of Legal Studies at UPES offers basic and specialized law courses in Corporate Law, Energy Specialization, Taxation Laws and Technical courses like Intellectual Property Rights and Cyber Law.

The programs at CoLS, enable students to develop strong legal acumen that would help them handle the complexities in legal matters of the entities they associate with and guide them through. The curriculum is a mix of general legal concepts and technical/ business aspects that have an impact on the judicial practices. The programs are designed by expert faculty with active participation from judicial experts.

Under Graduate Programs:

BA LLB (Hons.) with emphasis in Energy Laws
    BBA LLB (Hons.) with emphasis in Corporate Laws
    B.Com LLB (Hons.) with emphasis in Taxation Law
    B.Tech Energy Technology + LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
    B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering + LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Cyber Laws

Post Graduate Programs:

LLM with specialization in Energy Laws
    LLM with specialization in International Law
  • YashArora
    • Mar 2015
    • India

Re: UPES- College of Legal Studies

I'm in 12th and planning to pursue integrated LLB from UPES. I want to become corporate lawyer so which program should I go for- BA LLB, B.com LLB or BBA LLB? Or, any of these would work?

Comment

• AbhinavSinha
      • Dec 2014
      • India

Originally posted by YashArora
      I'm in 12th and planning to pursue integrated LLB from UPES. I want to become corporate lawyer so which program should I go for- BA LLB, B.com LLB or BBA LLB? Or, any of these would work?
      Hi Yash,

All the Three courses are very closely related, but there is quite a bit of difference in terms of the focus of the subject and career opportunities associated with the topics. Since you've shown interest in becoming a corporate lawyer I think you should go for 'BBA LLB with emphasis in Corporate Laws'. This program at UPES is quite popular.

This program aims to create a brand new race of Corporate Lawyers who would not only understand the intricacies of business but be equally well-versed in the nuances of Corporate Laws and Regulatory Affairs.
      You will gain valuable insights in both the business functions like finance, human resource management, marketing, international business and corporate laws in the fields of Banking, Corporate Governance, Investment, Competition, Insurance and Mergers and Acquisitions.

Hope this info helps! Good luck!

Comment

• YashArora
        • Mar 2015
        • India

Thanks Abhinav for the reply. It has sorted out my confusion. It would be great if you can brief me the eligibility and admission criteria for BBA LLB program. I am a science graduate, can I apply for it?

Comment

• AbhinavSinha
          • Dec 2014
          • India

Originally posted by YashArora
          Thanks Abhinav for the reply. It has sorted out my confusion. It would be great if you can brief me the eligibility and admission criteria for BBA LLB program. I am a science graduate, can I apply for it?
          Yes, you can apply for it. Below is the eligbility and admission criteria:

Eligibility
          Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)

Examination Pathway - LLB admissions through UL-SAT (Upto 80% of seats)
          UPES Online Law Studies Aptitude Test(UL-SAT) / Board Merit / CLAT Merit/ L-SAT India Merit followed by Group Discussion & Interview

Non Examination Pathway through Board Merit/ CLAT Merit/ L-SAT India Merit

CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit:
          For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking upto 5000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.

Board Merit:

For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.

For more details about this program, visit: BA LLB Specialized In corporate laws - UPES

Good luck!

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi, my cousin is also interested in UPES.. He wants to fill the form for ULSAT, we were a bit confused about the last date of filling the form. Thanks for the link. You have helped us save our time.

Comment

• KritikaPandey
              • Jun 2015
              • India

In my views you must go for BBA LLB (Hons.) with emphasis in Corporate Laws. In order to seek admission you need to qualify the UL-SAT, which is conducted by the College of Legal Studies UPES. The good thing about this course is, it is industry ready and domain focused. You will have plenty of scope once you are done with your degree.

Comment

• MonikaSen
                • Jun 2015
                • India

The best thing about college of legal studies, UPES is that it lets you pursue your interest with the degree you want to. I always wanted to study engineering is computer science but was equally inclined towards the cyber laws. The B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering + LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Cyber Laws has provided me the perfect platform to study a course which is domain focused and industry ready. Moreover, the Master's courses in law are also very promising and give a wide exposure and opportunities for a student to explore a dynamic field.

Comment

• hellengeek
                  • Sep 2014
                  • UK

Many colleges have permitted motivated students to take summer classes and graduate early for years and considers the new program Northwestern's attempt to distinguish itself from other elite institutions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...