Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
Steve 123
Steve 123's Flag is: Lebanon

Default Interpol Debt Collection- ADCB UAE

Hello,

I have a question, i had to leave UAE due to job loss and i had a personal loan.
now i am living in canada just started working, i have just received a warning by the collection agency that my case ill go to Interpol, and they will catch me world wide, it might happen?
the personal loan is about 250,000 AED
Steve 123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile
Default Re: Interpol Debt Collection- ADCB UAE

Interpol is NOT a police force. It is an information sharing mechanism where National Central Bureaus (NCBs) of Interpol Member countries can issue notices requesting extradition (and other things, such as location information) on criminal suspects whom they wish to extradite. In the UAE, the Interpol NCB is located at Abu Dhabi CID Headquarters. There is no such thing as an Interpol agent. Certain police officers from an individual country can be seconded to the NCB but they are still officers of their own police force - not a transnational supercop as they are portrayed. A bank CANNOT report a person to Interpol. The bank would lodge a case within the UAE, and then the proesecutor inside the UAE would decide whether to request the NCB in Abu Dhabi to diffuse the UAE arrest warrant/commitment order to other Interpol Member States via Interpol's I-Link System. This is then visible to all/selected Interpol member states who decide what enforcement action (if any) to take against the person whom is flagged. Numerous countries, the UK for one, do NOT act on Red Notices as a matter of course. Extradition is complex and expensive, and most countries would refuse to extradite for debt cases as 'debtor's prisons' have been abolished in the First World. Therefore, anybody stating Interpol will be informed is misinformed or trying to scare you. These debt collectors will threaten Interpol and potential proceedings in your home country. They cannot list you at Interpol, and whilst some foreign judgements can become enforceable in your home countries, this is prohibitive in terms of cost and very rarely used in practice. Therefore, any threats to arrest you in your home country, involve a Foreign affairs department and or Interpol, or the threat of legal proceedings in your home countries are baseless and scare tactics only. They cannot, and will not, carry these threats out. They can and most likely WILL file cases on you in the GCC state/UAE. This will prevent you from travelling to those countries without being arrested. If you are happy at home. or in a non GCC state, then don't worry about it. Forget the calls, they can't do anything to harm you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
Steve 123
Steve 123's Flag is: Lebanon

Default Re: Interpol Debt Collection- ADCB UAE

Hello

I am really happy to see your reply, but Interpol doesn't mean that they can open a case against me in CANADA?

I am Lebanese resident in Canada. I don't want them to file a case against me in Canada. then i will have a case in my background check and i may have issues immigrating maybe
( Note: I don't need any police certificate from UAE to immigrate to Canada)

and i have just read on Canada website that below which is good sign.
Red: To seek arrest of a wanted person for whom an arrest warrant has been issued and where extradition will likely be requested. (Note: An arrest warrant from another country has no legal status in Canada.)
Steve 123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 12:46 AM   #4
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 123 View Post
Hello

I am really happy to see your reply, but Interpol doesn't mean that they can open a case against me in CANADA?

I am Lebanese resident in Canada. I don't want them to file a case against me in Canada. then i will have a case in my background check and i may have issues immigrating maybe
( Note: I don't need any police certificate from UAE to immigrate to Canada)

and i have just read on Canada website that below which is good sign.
Red: To seek arrest of a wanted person for whom an arrest warrant has been issued and where extradition will likely be requested. (Note: An arrest warrant from another country has no legal status in Canada.)
There will not be any case/cases filed in any other country than the UAE for such amount Steve. Relax and you just avoid if you get any collection calls or emails.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote