Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
Jackwolfskin123
Jackwolfskin123's Flag is: India

Default Collection officer

Hi i am a defaultee credit card for 4 months now amounting to 20000aed. Now bank email me that tommorow legal officer will go to our hr to discuss the matter. And i will be sent also to.khalifa police station. What is the procedure? They ussually goto hr? Im afraid that i will be terminated because of this. I said to them that i will make payment this 27th but they dont want. They say case is on process.
Jackwolfskin123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Colloection officer

I wish to inform you that under the new law from 2017, any debt default below AED 200,000 is to be regarded as a civil matter and not a criminal matter unless fraud is involved. Normally, police may not intervene in the matter and it may proceed in the civil court. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in this matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwolfskin123 View Post
Hi i am a defaultee credit card for 4 months now amounting to 20000aed. Now bank email me that tommorow legal officer will go to our hr to discuss the matter. And i will be sent also to.khalifa police station. What is the procedure? They ussually goto hr? Im afraid that i will be terminated because of this. I said to them that i will make payment this 27th but they dont want. They say case is on process.
Khalifa police station is in Abu Dhabi and the above mentioned post relates only to cases filed in Dubai, if the case is in Abu Dhabi ot any other Emirate than Dubai then the procedure and fine system is different. Nobody will come to arrest you from your work location or residence for a misdemeanor case, they are just trying to threaten you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Khalifa police station is in Abu Dhabi and the above mentioned post relates only to cases filed in Dubai, if the case is in Abu Dhabi ot any other Emirate than Dubai then the procedure and fine system is different. Nobody will come to arrest you from your work location or residence for a misdemeanor case, they are just trying to threaten you.
@Dontworry is it true that you cando a case for a particular person take only one day?

Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 AM   #5
nothappy06
nothappy06's Flag is: Austria

Good afternoon I need help guys. I received an email from Dubai first that my credit card is currently in legal process. i can pay on the 10th of June. i was not able to pay the minimum amount since March but last month i was able to pay 500 dhs. my credit limit is AED 21000. please hep i cannot sleep very well i am so stressed
nothappy06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2018, 04:44 AM   #6
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
@Dontworry is it true that you cando a case for a particular person take only one day?
Its just a process which you have to follow to close the case in just one day and you will be cleared from then.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:46 AM   #7
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappy06 View Post
Good afternoon I need help guys. I received an email from Dubai first that my credit card is currently in legal process. i can pay on the 10th of June. i was not able to pay the minimum amount since March but last month i was able to pay 500 dhs. my credit limit is AED 21000. please hep i cannot sleep very well i am so stressed
Take your time to pay if you have intentions to pay as Dubai First will not file any case so soon, they know very well if they file a case it is going to be a loss for them. You

Old 05-28-2018, 02:34 AM   #8
Unregistered

Hi,
I have two FGB cards and some financial issues I cannot make the payment last couple of months and I took a suplimentry card in wife’s name.
Last week they bounced by cheque and information any case filed.
My family is is traveling next month to Home country.please advise if any case is filed it will effect my spouse travel? And can I renew my dependence visa with a police case.

Please help

Old 05-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #9
Lexus
Top Level Member

The email you got is as a part of collection tactics practiced by collection agencies/banks. Legally they could not take any action against you without sending a legal notice for settling the debt. It is good to contact the officials of the bank to restructure your debt and convince the bank that you can repay the debt through the new plan.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #10
Vinz
Vinz's Flag is: Philippines

Hi! I am having a problem with fgb my credit card. I have 28k due and I have already asked for the restructuring loan last march but they didnt approved. I already missed two payment and they already send me an email saying that they have already forwarded my documents to their legal department. Now, there's this collector informed my manager that they will put legal action and will file for a police case. They also informed my parents in my home country the same thing. Could I file a harrassment with these collector. How long will it takes for them to file this on the police/court. Am I still clear on the immigration. Thank you so much for your reply.
Vinz is offline   Reply With Quote