Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
Unregistered

Re: Case for my credit card debt - Manila, Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by client View Post
hello,,

i have a problem with my credit card account,, i already settled my obligations to the bank . i always payg my monthy ammortization and paid it before my due date.the agency informed me that when will be my last payment so i complied it..but unfortunately somebody's calling me again from agency they informed me that i need to settle my account i talked to them that i already settled my account but the agency told me that heres no endorsement made on their office..the sad thing is they scared and pressured me..cmn you please help me regarding this matter?
thank you very much!

ANS. I guess there's nothing to worry about If you paid under your account number. If the legal agency demands for your payment still, coordinate directly to your bank and disregard notices from the agency.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #12
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir.

Have a wonderful day to you.

Just call me Mrs X. Im living in Manila, Philippines. I would like to ask a question regarding on my case for my credit card debt. I owe a money card from XX Bank and unfurtunately I did not meet the minimum payment they required to pay monthly. But still Im paying even half of the minimum payment for almost five months regularly to leesen my debt. But the send a demand letter to me to pay all the balance within five days but I cant afford to pay. Until I received a demand letter from an in house legal counsel stating that I should pay the whole amount plus the interest, penalties, attorney's fees and other expenses may arise or else the sue me in the court.

What should I do?
What happen to me if the sue me in the court?
DO I be put in jail?

Please help me and give me further information about my problems. I really not know to do.

Thank you so much

Mrs X
Dear mrs x,
Yes, you will go to jail if you dont pay. Get any job and start paying or tell your relatives and friends, i am sure they will help you. It is much better than to worry to death. Good luck.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
Unregistered

Default Re: Case for my credit card debt - Manila, Philippines

No you will NOT go to jail..... Nice try Mr Collector

Old 11-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
Whitelion

Thumbs up Re: Case for my credit card debt - Manila, Philippines

Dear Borrower;

I am credit card holder too, sometimes i missed my obligations too for some reasons. As long
you don't have any signed agreements on the banks or any legal paper or promissory notes which they
may held you for legal actions. You have still your own rights to settle accordingly...

If they Do legal Actions it will be Civil Case which means NOT a criminal case! they can not
sent you in jail by these... What the best they can DO is to ASK/begging you to pay you debt in
a nice & polite manners, otherwise they get nothing if you will not pay... Then soon they will offer
you a settlements which lower & lower your dept..there is a LAW how to get qualified, in get a lower
dept mode. Which Banks never mentions to members so they will not be abused..

Hope Everyone happy with my answer:
Just Call me White-lion

Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #15
Unregistered

what if the collector threaten you that they have a warrant to arrest you for a debit? What If your balance is due to the interest and it is already way way far from your income? How can we ask for settlement for this?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #16
Rialleen

Hi ALL

Just want to get some tips, i have a total of 18k debt from xxx bank and werent able to pay the minimum every month... I wanted to settle the payment for 6months which is 3k per month, pero ansabe nung sa receivers and liquidators eh 6months daw for 3700... honestly, sabihin nyo n masama ako pero i no longer want to pay my debt dahil sa 3700 per month... meron bang mga chance na pede pakiusapan na tanggalin ung interest... at least I will pay them diba (ako na!)

Thanks

Old 01-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #17
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
Dear Borrower;

I am credit card holder too, sometimes i missed my obligations too for some reasons. As long
you don't have any signed agreements on the banks or any legal paper or promissory notes which they
may held you for legal actions. You have still your own rights to settle accordingly...

If they Do legal Actions it will be Civil Case which means NOT a criminal case! they can not
sent you in jail by these... What the best they can DO is to ASK/begging you to pay you debt in
a nice & polite manners, otherwise they get nothing if you will not pay... Then soon they will offer
you a settlements which lower & lower your dept..there is a LAW how to get qualified, in get a lower
dept mode. Which Banks never mentions to members so they will not be abused..

Hope Everyone happy with my answer:
Just Call me White-lion
Hello po,
I received a demand letter from collection agency due to the charges i incurred from not paying the annual fee of my credit card. I requested for reversal of the annual charge but they informed me that it was deckined a year after. Thus, charges are now big. Do i have a big chance to settle this without paying them these charges? Im paying my purchases in full every due dates. I need some advice. What will I do? Thank you.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 AM   #18
CCgirl

Good day.

I hope you could enlighten me with my credit card dilemma. I currently owe around 50k credit card balance. I would like to have the card cut so that it won't gain more interest and charges and pay it in installment. When I called up the bank to ask for this request, the CSR told me that that won't be possible since I still owe them that amount. I told them that I don't want to use it and just start paying what I owe. They insisted that it cannot be done. Is it correct? I know they don't want to cut the card so that I won't escape from my responsibilities and to pay more interest charge.

I hope you could help me out on this so that I can call them back and demand that I want to have the card cut asap.

Thank you very much!

Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #19
sandyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCgirl View Post
Good day.

I hope you could enlighten me with my credit card dilemma. I currently owe around 50k credit card balance. I would like to have the card cut so that it won't gain more interest and charges and pay it in installment. When I called up the bank to ask for this request, the CSR told me that that won't be possible since I still owe them that amount. I told them that I don't want to use it and just start paying what I owe. They insisted that it cannot be done. Is it correct? I know they don't want to cut the card so that I won't escape from my responsibilities and to pay more interest charge.

I hope you could help me out on this so that I can call them back and demand that I want to have the card cut asap.

Thank you very much!
It's not going to happen.

When you opened the account, you agreed to pay the charges, along with the accrued interest on the outstanding balance. Unless and until you pay off the balance, that interest will continue to accrue. That's just the way credit card debt works. You won't be allowed to charge any more if you've already exceeded your credit limit, but they won't close the account or freeze the interest on it.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
mashymau

need for your advice,

i have 2 credit cards in 1 credit card company, now i owe them for almost 200k for both cards and every month I pay 7k for both cards, ngayon medyo mabigat na sa bulsa kasi di nababawasan yung principal, diko din alam kung bakit umabot sa ganun, siguro dahil minimum lagi ung bnabayaran ko noon (i know fault ko yun). Now my question is can I ask for settlement with the credit card company? Or hayaan ko munang mapunta sa third party company ang record ko?

Do credit cards company offer settlements?

Wala naman kasi akong mauutangan ng 200k para mag full amount yung credit card, kasi sayang ung 7k na monthly napupunta lang sa interest.

Please help me. Thank you
mashymau is offline   Reply With Quote