Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #161
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azee84 View Post
i have credit card case in ajman police station, what the solution?
You have to present yourself in the station and should be aware of the procedure to close the case, it is always not just a fine as judgement in any other Emirate than Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-05-2018, 04:49 AM   #162
ymanalsume17
ymanalsume17's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can u pls give me the contact details of the lawfirm and the person to look for
Thanks😊
Yes please it will be a great help if you can send me the contact details.
Thanks and God bless!
ymanalsume17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2018, 04:50 AM   #163
ymanalsume17
ymanalsume17's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

Please it will be a great help if you can send me the contact details or even the email will be of great help.
Thanks
ymanalsume17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2018, 03:26 PM   #164
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymanalsume17 View Post
Please it will be a great help if you can send me the contact details or even the email will be of great help.
Thanks
You can send an email explaining the scenario to contact@uaedebtsolutions.com

Old 05-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #165
JacquesVPatters
JacquesVPatters's Flag is: Canada

Default Re: PERSONAL LOAN AND CREDIT LOAN LEFT IN DUBAI AND CONTINUED PAYING IN PHILIPPINES

You need to consult a lawyer who can give you the best solution. The situation is related in 2 different countries. The law is different in different countries. However, nothing is impossible and you're not going to lose anything if you are on a legal point.
JacquesVPatters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #166
Unregistered

hi my husband once an ofw in uae and he decided to go back here in Philippines because he can't pay his loan around 60k aed. And there are people sending chat through messenger to our family and looking for my husband. they said are legal council from a bank in dubai and asking to pay the liabilities that are not settled by my husband. Is it possible for them to arrest my husband here in philippines? thankyou. I hope you can help me.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #167
Unregistered

Quote:
hi my husband once an ofw in uae and he decided to go back here in Philippines because he can't pay his loan around 60k aed. And there are people sending chat through messenger to our family and looking for my husband. they said are legal council from a bank in dubai and asking to pay the liabilities that are not settled by my husband. Is it possible for them to arrest my husband here in philippines? thankyou. I hope you can help me.
No, cannot be arrested

Old 07-19-2018, 05:09 AM   #168
Unregistered

Quote:
Kung nanjan ka pa sa UAE, the best way for you is to contact the bank to restructure your loan payments and if you are lucky they will consider your plea, as for the CC you can default for 3 months unlike before the recession in dubai banks usually take 4 to 6 months of delayed payments before they file a criminal case against you by depositing your security check. So if banks filed a case against you it is better to just face it if you don't have any money to pay the total amount. in this case you can surrender to the police and deposit your passport as bail so you can get out of jail, and if you have 3 other cases filed against you, you should prepare 3 passport with valid visa to bail you out of jail. You will be notified for the court hearings for your criminal case, what can you expect on court?. Well in most cases Dubai courts are more lenient in terms of credit card defaulters specially for Dunia defaulters. So there will be hearings of course, just tell them that you cannot pay your debts and your previous payments wasn't enough and all of this amount is just recurring interest(as per my experience) so Basically the judge will give a verdict, normally no Jail terms for CC only penalty, the amount?? well it depends how much you owe or how much the judge will give, so be ready to pay the penalty or else you need to go to Jail until you pay the penalties. Well of course you have the right to appeal your case to lessen the penalties but it will take time so better to pay the penalties outright so you can clear you name on police database. After that your name is cleared. For Loans is the same but there is a catch... after you cleared your name of the Criminal case for the bounced check since your Security check will be deposited. So after this process I mentioned above you can clear your name of the Criminal case, well after the criminal case the bank might File a Civil case against you, at this point things become more complicated, bank might file a travel ban against you as well. At this point as well you might want to consider a Lawyer to help you or gave in and talk to the bank on how you can settle your debt. But all of this if the bank will file a Civil Case against you, as I have heard( well its all hear say) banks normally don't file civil case if the loan amount was not that high or you already paid half, idk. So after you cleared all your criminal case you can go back to your normal life but say goodbye to those bank you owed you're maybe blacklisted to the bank worst is that you already flagged in Central Bank you wont be able to take any CC from other banks or even loans.
( All this based on experience I was based on Dubai, so idk about other emirates if this thing applies )

Just a piece of advice to my fellow Kababayan : If anyone of you seek a Lawyer assistance to defend you in Dubai Courts or any other courts in UAE, Just Seek advice and assistance to a Local Advocate, as in Local Emirati lawyer, don't seek assistance on advocates like Egyptians and jordanians specially Filipino lawyers as they are useless in court hearings and most cases they can't help you at all, they will just ask you too much for their service in the end they won't be able to do anything at all. Trust me I've been there.

So after you already cleared all your case, the best thing to do is to leave the country immediately. Just to avoid any Civil Case in the future the bank might file against you, It is better to settle your debts if you are outside the jail. Or if you just don't want to pay your debts at all anymore it's up to you.

Thank you sa advice. Sa akin sa abu dhabi ako. May 150k dhs loan ako. Magsasampa pa kaya ng civil case ang bank sa ganoong halaga? Thanks.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #169
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
They probably cannot arrest nor take any legal action against him in any other country than the UAE. But the collection agencies will definitely try to harry him and his family members for any payment. Also they would inform and commission the barangay captaincat time to get tje liability collected from the defaulter.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #170
Pinoy23
Pinoy23's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Hi There,

Is there ny possibility that the bank will file a case in different emirate that they would like to file. Is that Emirate possible to accept the file. I have a cc from Dubai and the bank harassing me to pay and they told me that they will file a case in Sharjah or Ajman. Is that possible? If so, what is the differrence in those Emirates?

Please help!
Pinoy23 is offline   Reply With Quote