Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 AM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Debt collection UAE: How will I deal with the collection agency bugging me?

Yes i agree with the other comment its very unusual for bilkish they are fraud! so if you want to pay deal direct to bank!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #12
eennaahh

Default Re: Debt collection UAE: How will I deal with the collection agency bugging me?

Hi. Do anyone here knows about Civil Law of UAE? If so I would appreciate if you could answer my question. See below.

Here is the story
My brother rented a flat and due to some misfortune, he was not able to finish the term (which is one year) because he is unable to pay the rent anymore. He issued checks and of course it bounced. When he was going for a vacation he was apprehended by the police in the airport and he was jailed for one day and they took his passport. (This happened last year)

I went to the realtor who filed a case against my brother because I wanted to settle the issue. My brother owes them money and he has to pay and that is what I wanted him to do.

My question is:

The realtor told us that if they continue with the case my brother will go to jail and he will not be able to leave the country unless he paid his debt (which is amounting to 37K AED). Is that true? I mean, I wanted to laugh at him when he said that, how could someone be put in jail for a long time for not paying debt? That's absurd, no one in his legal mind would make that kind of law. Its a civil case and not criminal one, though here in Dubai you really go to jail if you don't pay your debt but "NOT FOR A VERY LONG TIME" (he even said "FOREVER" which means a lifetime) but since I have no access to Dubai Law I am not very confident about it.

I hope someone could shed a light on this. I have no plans of letting my brother get away with his debt but I really think the realtor is making a fool out of us by scaring us of the jail time thing.

Thank you so much!
eennaahh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
rgaine

Amazing after 3 years and I am in touch with the banks about paying back. Bilkish use there dirty tactics and send an email to my work trying to embarrass me And get me in trouble !!!!! Amazing yet so angry and now I will use the fair debt collection practice law and they will be in trouble for what they have done !! How dare you Bilkish
rgaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
Unregistered

Bilkish associate tried to hack my facebook account and linkedin,they are really criminals,we have to fight back,we have to create as many facebook page to tell the world what they are doing to people who are struggling already,and know they can do nothing to you legaly they just try to mess with your life and harasse you,they are like mafia.

we have to fight back and unify aganst them,file as many complain as you can to the police and say everywhere what they are doing.

and more they are sending people on internet to write that they are good agency not harassing people so becareful.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #15
Unregistered

RE: is any person in Pakistan facing UAE bank loan (Mashreq, FGB, NBAD, SCB UAE or any other UAE BANK) issue from bilkish or any other recovery agents write here his complete story we will tell him/her the procedure, how to properly deal them and how he can get out of this trouble.

I need guidance. How can I deal with the collection agency for my loan?

Old 12-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #16
GuestsSingapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
very surprise to read BILKISH ASSOCIATES helped you . i think you are on Bilkish payroll that is why they are helping you do not lie and misguide people. if someone wanna settle their loan contact directly to their bank because bilkish actually is blackmailer with a third class bad people (Badmash) team. they do not have any legal authority to collect loan in Pakistan but they try their best to panic clients. Be brave in front of them and dont afraid to go in Police or court against them in Pakistan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Hi All,

Do you have any experience of Tahseel?

I am getting calls & emails from them asking me to pay to them for my car loan settlement amount, I have repeatedly asked them to let me speak to the bank with whom i had a loan agreement and if they tell me the due amount, i will work with them to pay but this Tahseel agents tell me that I have no relationship with the bank now, I have to deal with Tahseel only for the payment, I suppose Tahseel has purchase the car loan from the bank and are trying to collect the money directly from me and asking me to deposit some settlement amount into their own bank account instead of the bank.

Now, they are threating legal action on me in my home country where i am residing now after I came from UAE in 2008. Can they really file a police/legal case on me?

Do you know any such experience? What should i do?

HI I HAVE SAME EXPERIENCE TOO.. BUT THE WORSE CASE AGEN FROM TAHSEEL SEND AN EMAIL TO ME AND COPY TO ALL MY COLLEAGUES WHERE I AM WORKING NOW...I FEEL HARASSMENT, EMBARASSMENT, HUMILIATION AND PUBLICLY RUIN MY REPUTATION.
I ALREADY SUBMITTED A COMPLAINT TO CENTRAL BANK IN UAE AND ALSO TO BARCLAYS BANK IN DUBAI, BUT SURPRISINGLY THE BANK REPRESENTATIVES TOLD ME THAT TAHSEEL HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONTACT MY EMPLOYERS.. BUT I SAID OK BUT DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT ALSO TO DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE "CONFIDENTIAL" AND "PRIVATE".. HE JUST HANG UP THE PHONE.
IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP US????? PLEASE? WHAT WE HAVE TO DO
GuestsSingapore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
rgaine

They do not have the right to do this !!!! You should take this further to human rights courts. Tahseel and Bilkish are very bad and break every law possible

You know one agent told a Filipino that he would rape her family if she didn't pay. CRAZY AGENTS that need stopping. They do not have the right to show everyone it is nothing to do with them and they should be bought to justice. The banks are wrong also and are breaching there code of conduct
rgaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
honey924

Hi everyone. I have 2 credit cards from Mashreq bank and i am now a defaulter. Lot of people are calling me and said they are from Mashreq main branch collection team. I found out that they dont know each and that they are working in different law firm agencies. I am planning to settle my full liability once i complete the amount and go to branch directly. These people keep on harassing me by going to my office everyday and telling to my officemates that i am a defaulter and got a police case. Just thinking to stop the harassment, is it a good move to go to police station and check whether i got a case? I have heard that once the case is filed, i can just deposit my passport to the police station, be freed and can take back my passport once payment will be cleared. Any advice please, thanks in advance...
honey924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #19
Unregistered

Next time they come to your office ask for their ID and get a copy if you can then go to the police and file a complaint. You see, if they file a case against you and you present to the court you will only be asked to pay 5% or less of your total debt, I think max of 4k. I know someone who owes the bank more than 30K and he was only asked to pay 2.5K by the court. save you more.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #20
AAAKhan

Hi all,
I have a similar issue with Emirates Bank Dubai.

My hubby left dubai in recession period. he lost the job and his visa was cancelled. thus, was forced to come back to Pakistan. He had a personal loan in the bank and had been paying regularly for 14 months until this happened. after he came back he didnt have a a job and couldnt pay back the loan. when he got the job he contacted the bank and asked for the details as to clear the loan and come back to dubai. but the bank gave a very rigid reply that couldnt be followed.

Now after five years the collection agency located in Pakistan probably having the contract with the bank has contacted us for the loan details and payment.

I need guidance here as how to proceed with this all. we are very worried.
What are the paying laws by UAE government?
What is the most flexible paying back method? My husband cannot pay back the principle amount in one go. please guide.
AAAKhan is offline   Reply With Quote