Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017, 01:55 AM   #1
starburst
starburst's Flag is: Philippines

Default unpaid bank loan in KSA

Hello, my father left KSA with a bank loan. After a year, a person from bilkish contacted us. Threatening to file a case, call a police, ban my father from traveling out of the country, blah, blah, blah if he will not settle the amount. We talked to them regarding on how we can pay... but the problem is there's a confusion on how we can transfer money from my country to KSA... this agent from bilkish told me that they will file a case unless the payment is not settled by tomorrow. My point is, we're willing to pay but he keeps on threatening us about filing a case... thanks
starburst is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-18-2017, 04:55 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: unpaid bank loan in KSA

I wish to inform you that you may inform local law enforcement authorities regarding threat being made to you. In Philippines debt default is a civil matter. He had taken loan which he was unable to pay and thus in Philippines there is no criminal law violation and hence there may not be any arrest or other action in Philippines. In KSA there may be criminal action because of default in loan involves criminal action in KSA but if your father is in Philippines then those court order may not be executed as there is no extradition agreement between Philippines and Saudi Arabia. You may further ask person calling you to prove that he has authority to communicate and settle loan on behalf of bank.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #3
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst View Post
Hello, my father left KSA with a bank loan. After a year, a person from bilkish contacted us. Threatening to file a case, call a police, ban my father from traveling out of the country, blah, blah, blah if he will not settle the amount. We talked to them regarding on how we can pay... but the problem is there's a confusion on how we can transfer money from my country to KSA... this agent from bilkish told me that they will file a case unless the payment is not settled by tomorrow. My point is, we're willing to pay but he keeps on threatening us about filing a case... thanks
Need not worry about any threats from the collection agencies and Bilkish are hoax players all the time. They cannot do anything legally at all in your home country for a liability from UAE. If you are wanting to travel to UAE or any other country in GCC then do s case check and you will get yo know where does your father stand. You do not have to pay them if your father is not gonna travel to UAE or any GCC countries and there are totally zero chances of any collection agencies or even bank directly to claim the liability of UAE legally outside UAE. If you really want to pay them back then could settle with them for nothing more than 30 to 40% of the total debt.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: unpaid bank loan in KSA

In this regard they can file a case but they could not ban your father from travelling out of the country. Further no one will get a jail time in own country for unpaid debt in other country. Further you can contact the bank directly if you are willing to pay the debt. There is no need to pay urgently based on a threatening call.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, i have the same situation with your dad,left ksa last year with not fully paid bank loan. I got a an email from bilkish telling me to settle the amount within this week or else they will file a police case and travel ban for me. Someone tried to send pm in my fb messenger (a sykes customer service assistan) accordig to her fb profile, her message is the same as the email from bilkish tho. I replied to bilkish a month ago when they send me the first notice, told them i am willint to pay the loan, i even asked them how. Then i read in this forum about bilkish. The thing is i didnt give them my phone number, maybe thats why they dont bother me with non stop calls. Whats your dad's plan?

Old 09-23-2017, 03:31 AM   #6
starburst
starburst's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, i have the same situation with your dad,left ksa last year with not fully paid bank loan. I got a an email from bilkish telling me to settle the amount within this week or else they will file a police case and travel ban for me. Someone tried to send pm in my fb messenger (a sykes customer service assistan) accordig to her fb profile, her message is the same as the email from bilkish tho. I replied to bilkish a month ago when they send me the first notice, told them i am willint to pay the loan, i even asked them how. Then i read in this forum about bilkish. The thing is i didnt give them my phone number, maybe thats why they dont bother me with non stop calls. Whats your dad's plan?
planning to pay the loan. Does the bank give any discounts for cases like this?
starburst is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
i have no idea actually. Have u tried communicating with the bank? Please keep me posted, coz im planning to pay the loan as well.my loan balance is 20k something

Old 09-28-2017, 08:24 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
In this regard they can file a case but they could not ban your father from travelling out of the country. Further no one will get a jail time in own country for unpaid debt in other country. Further you can contact the bank directly if you are willing to pay the debt. There is no need to pay urgently based on a threatening call.
Bilkish did threaten me about travel ban and interpol. The funny thing is when i checked interpol website there are only 16 wanted people from philippines and most of them are terrorists. Ive read a lot of loan defaulters complain about interpol but i think interpol dont have time for small time defaulters,

Old 10-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
were u able to pay the loan? How?

Old 01-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #10
Unregistered

I also experience the same. i have debt in KSA, went for vacation and due to emergency, I sent email to my employer asking for extention of leave but they replied with a termination letter due to some filipinos also who are so envious about my work in the said facility. Then recently Somebody called me and said that he is from Bilkish Makati, asking for payment and said that if I will not be ablecgo pay the due immediately, the bank is already prepared to do police report and i am already for GLOBAL travel ban. And honestly I worried much beacause i never intended to be a defaulter. but how can I pay now i am still unemployed and is afraid to go back to middle east to work because of what my employer has done to me. That is why I am working out possibilities of working in white countries to be sble to go back on track again. please give me advice about my concern....