Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

 
Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices


Reply

 

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #21
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Country:  
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates
 
Dontyouworry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UAE
Posts: 1,035
View Member's Facebook Profile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But if they offer consolidation, the amount due in total is considered.
like 15000 limit+charges & penalties e.g 19000.
so 19000 is converted into another easy payment plan lets say 24 months.
not the 15000.
as per your info they can claim only 15000 when a case is filed or cheque is bounced.

also i remember that dunia took a blank cheque from me and loan amount was 33000 and they filled the cheque 42000.
what might be reason for that.
Why would you accept any consolidation offer from the bank with the calculations they make? When you are up for a settlement with the bank, you can settle them by offering 50% of the original outstanding also excluding the interest and other charges. It all depends on how you talk to them.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-16-2018, 04:55 AM   #22
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation Re: Leaving the country with unpaid debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Why would you accept any consolidation offer from the bank with the calculations they make? When you are up for a settlement with the bank, you can settle them by offering 50% of the original outstanding also excluding the interest and other charges. It all depends on how you talk to them.
SO IF A NORMAL PERSON ISNT ABLE TO NEGOTIATE OR TALK TO BANK COLLECTION AGENCIES IN UAE.
IS THERE ANY 3rd PARTY TO DO SO ON THE PERSON BEHALF?
AND IF THE PERSON OFFERS 50% OF THE TOTAL OUTSTANDING, THAT AMOUNT NEED TO BE PAID IN ONE SHOT?
  Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-17-2018, 01:39 AM   #23
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Country:  
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates
 
Dontyouworry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UAE
Posts: 1,035
View Member's Facebook Profile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SO IF A NORMAL PERSON ISNT ABLE TO NEGOTIATE OR TALK TO BANK COLLECTION AGENCIES IN UAE.
IS THERE ANY 3rd PARTY TO DO SO ON THE PERSON BEHALF?
AND IF THE PERSON OFFERS 50% OF THE TOTAL OUTSTANDING, THAT AMOUNT NEED TO BE PAID IN ONE SHOT?
All depends on how you talk to the banks. No third party required.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-17-2018, 02:28 AM   #24
pixiedust91
Junior Member
Country:  
pixiedust91's Flag is: United States
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
All depends on how you talk to the banks. No third party required.
I’ve been telling the bank I do not have money to settle and can only offer small monthly payments and as if they cannot read and understand what I’m saying they still offer that “one shot” settlement and not talk about me not having the means to settle. We are going around in circles it gets tiring. I just want to rant, it’s gets annoying when all they want is a settlement which i cannot afford.
pixiedust91 is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-18-2018, 02:19 AM   #25
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Country:  
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates
 
Dontyouworry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UAE
Posts: 1,035
View Member's Facebook Profile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust91 View Post
I’ve been telling the bank I do not have money to settle and can only offer small monthly payments and as if they cannot read and understand what I’m saying they still offer that “one shot” settlement and not talk about me not having the means to settle. We are going around in circles it gets tiring. I just want to rant, it’s gets annoying when all they want is a settlement which i cannot afford.
They would definitely come your way as you not paying them is not going to benefit them anything. They insist in one shot payment because it is on the target of the person who gets in touch with you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-18-2018, 03:27 AM   #26
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Country:  
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates
 
Dontyouworry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UAE
Posts: 1,035
View Member's Facebook Profile
Default Re: Leaving the country with unpaid debt

For defaulters who are worried about getting the mandatory “GOOD CONDUCT CERTIFICATE”

With regard to dud cheque cases, Lt. Col. Rashid bin Zabawi Al Falasi, director of the criminal investigation department (CID) of the Dubai Police, said that the person involved in the case can give a good conduct certificate after the settlement of the case. Dud cheque crimes are not considered as a serious classified crime, good conduct certificate will be issued also if the defaulter having a case has not closed the case, yet he/she provides a proof of coming across a job offer, can also apply for the same and will be considered. People who commit certain crimes will not be given good conduct certificates including involvement in murder, rape, drugs and other crimes, which are classified as serious.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #27
pixiedust91
Junior Member
Country:  
pixiedust91's Flag is: United States
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
They would definitely come your way as you not paying them is not going to benefit them anything. They insist in one shot payment because it is on the target of the person who gets in touch with you.
That’s what i thought. Is there a statue of limitation in Dubai?
pixiedust91 is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-19-2018, 12:06 AM   #28
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Country:  
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates
 
Dontyouworry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UAE
Posts: 1,035
View Member's Facebook Profile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust91 View Post
That’s what i thought. Is there a statue of limitation in Dubai?
Nothing as such.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 AM   #29
pixiedust91
Junior Member
Country:  
pixiedust91's Flag is: United States
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Nothing as such.
I see. That’s probably why they won’t stop until their commission is paid. Thanks again
pixiedust91 is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #30
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Country:  
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates
 
Dontyouworry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: UAE
Posts: 1,035
View Member's Facebook Profile
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust91 View Post
I see. That’s probably why they won’t stop until their commission is paid. Thanks again
Yes, you got that right.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Reply

Bookmarks

This thread has 57 replies and has been viewed 3494 times


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can they stop me at the airport while leaving the country? DHRJ Debt Collection 2 07-14-2018 11:54 PM
VISA overstay in USA and leaving the country h1984 Deportation and Removal Issues 9 08-05-2016 03:05 AM
Pennsylvania, Leaving the country after divorce hollyforsyth43 Child Custody and Support 3 08-12-2015 06:56 PM
Leaving Country on Bond Illinois Oguevara09 Other Criminal Law Matters 3 07-24-2014 12:18 PM
breaking the law and leaving the country qmqmqm Miscellaneous Topics 1 12-01-2013 03:46 AM




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2018 by LegalJunkies.com