Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
Jackwolfskin123
Jackwolfskin123's Flag is: India

Default Bank threats

Received email and messages on my phone of filing a case or travel ban by bank. Is it true that police will come to your work place and hand cuff you? Im afraid and shame
Jackwolfskin123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-24-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwolfskin123 View Post
Received email and messages on my phone of filing a case or travel ban by bank. Is it true that police will come to your work place and hand cuff you? Im afraid and shame
No they will not come to arrest you anywhere and will only be a voluntary submissal or if you get caught in random CID check.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Bank threats

I wish to inform you that in India, failing to repay the debt shall not constitute a criminal case unless fraud is involved. It may lead to a civil suit. However, if the person has tried to commit fraud upon the bank by showing a false financial status for non- payment of the debt, then such person shall be punished under the provision of Indian Penal Code. The person may get punished under Sec. 403 for two years of imprisonment for dishonest misappropriation of property, or under Sec. 420 for seven years of imprisonment for cheating.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that in India, failing to repay the debt shall not constitute a criminal case unless fraud is involved. It may lead to a civil suit. However, if the person has tried to commit fraud upon the bank by showing a false financial status for non- payment of the debt, then such person shall be punished under the provision of Indian Penal Code. The person may get punished under Sec. 403 for two years of imprisonment for dishonest misappropriation of property, or under Sec. 420 for seven years of imprisonment for cheating.

AFF
I received call from dubai police, I didn't go there. He said bring the passport.after police will call what's the procedure. Please any have experience tell me. Thank you

Old 04-25-2018, 12:02 AM   #5
Jackwolfskin123
Jackwolfskin123's Flag is: India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I received call from dubai police, I didn't go there. He said bring the passport.after police will call what's the procedure. Please any have experience tell me. Thank you
I think you need to go there it will only be worst if you wil not go. Is it a landline phone number? Sir how many months you did not pay before you received that call?
Jackwolfskin123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
There is a procedure which has to be followed in order to get fine as the judgement the same day and close the case by paying it the very same day. Email us on contact@uaedebtsolutions.com for detailed information on this.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2018, 03:10 AM   #7
vitty
vitty's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

I had a police case in dubai due to non payment of credit card but still now the police did not call me ? how i can settle this issue and how i can renew my visa. plz advice me .
vitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2018, 03:14 AM   #8
vitty

Default Re: police case

Dear Friends

I came to know that i had a case in muraqabat police station regarding the non payment of the credit card and i did not know the actual amount they chad filed . How i came to know that when my visa was rejected for the renew by the company . So how many days i will i had to settle the amount and get the paper get cleared . Can i go direct with my passport and keep my passport as my guarantor and i will get a bail ? And what are the procedure to clear it of and renew my visa.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:41 AM   #9
Unregistered

Hi, may i know how many months have you missed the payment? and which bank?

Old 04-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #10
vitty

Quote:
Hi, may i know how many months have you missed the payment? and which bank?

i missed the payment for 4 months and it is mashreq bank