Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 05:30 AM   #1
Shafraz Abdulla
Shafraz Abdulla's Flag is: Sri Lanka

Default Re payment of a personal Loan

please advise me on how to solve this problem. I am a Sri Lankan. I was in Saudi worked for more than 5 Years and I had got a personal Loan of SAR 15,000 I had paid some of it as instalments stated by the bank and due to an unavoidable reason I had to come on Exit Re-Entry and the company extended my Exit Re-Entry and provided me a new visa but when I went to get the Visa on my passport to enter Saudi My Iqaama was expired. so I was unable to go back due to that fact all my annual bonus and ESB all were not paid to me. but I was promised by the company that they will recruit me after 5 years as per the Saudi law.

now a company called Bilkish is calling me and wanting me to pay 31,000 SAR as re-payment. I am unable to pay such an amount since I am currently in my home country which is Sri Lanka. I am at the moment getting a low salary of Close to 800 SAR (30000 LKR) and I have a family to run so I am unable to comply with their needs.

how am I to overcome this issue and also I need to go to Saudi in future for Umrah. please help me
Shafraz Abdulla is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafraz Abdulla View Post
please advise me on how to solve this problem. I am a Sri Lankan. I was in Saudi worked for more than 5 Years and I had got a personal Loan of SAR 15,000 I had paid some of it as instalments stated by the bank and due to an unavoidable reason I had to come on Exit Re-Entry and the company extended my Exit Re-Entry and provided me a new visa but when I went to get the Visa on my passport to enter Saudi My Iqaama was expired. so I was unable to go back due to that fact all my annual bonus and ESB all were not paid to me. but I was promised by the company that they will recruit me after 5 years as per the Saudi law.

now a company called Bilkish is calling me and wanting me to pay 31,000 SAR as re-payment. I am unable to pay such an amount since I am currently in my home country which is Sri Lanka. I am at the moment getting a low salary of Close to 800 SAR (30000 LKR) and I have a family to run so I am unable to comply with their needs.

how am I to overcome this issue and also I need to go to Saudi in future for Umrah. please help me
These debt collectors will threaten Interpol and potential proceedings in your home country. They cannot list you at Interpol, this is prohibitive in terms of cost and very rarely used in practice. Therefore, any threats to arrest you in your home country, involve a Foreign affairs department and or Interpol, or the threat of legal proceedings in your home countries are baseless and scare tactics only. They cannot, and will not, carry these threats out. They can and most likely WILL file cases on you in the GCC state/KSA. This will prevent you from travelling to those countries without being arrested. If you are happy at home. or in a non GCC state, then don't worry about it. Forget the calls, they can't do anything to harm you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Re payment of a personal Loan

I wish to inform you that a money judgment from a Court in Saudi Arabia may be filed in a court in Sri Lanka having jurisdiction over you for recognition and enforcement. The legal process is complex and cumbersome and may not be resorted to by the bank. Further, you may try and resolve the matter with the bank with a relative or friend standing as a guarantor for you or takes over your debt. If that is not possible, then till the matter is resolved by you with the bank and an arrest order if issued by a Court in Saudi Arabia is withdrawn, you may be arrested on entry in Saudi Arabia or GCC countries. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-09-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

If you plan to visit any GCC country you should make clear all your debts with the Saudi bank. If the debts remained unpaid they will initiate a case against you and that will lead to an arrest at the time of arrival.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2018, 01:34 AM   #5
Shafraz Abdulla

I am thankful to all of you for the advice and the information. I wanna know if I can put a police entry against the company who is investigating me because they are harassing me. is there a possibility if I speak to the bank and come to an agreement that I will pay 300 SAR a month and tell them to withdraw the police civil entry so that I can go for Umrah in the future/

Old 05-10-2018, 02:47 AM   #6
Shafraz Abdulla

also, I wanna know if there is a way to check if there is any kind of police entry against my name. so that if there is I can somehow check and get proper information.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #7
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
I am thankful to all of you for the advice and the information. I wanna know if I can put a police entry against the company who is investigating me because they are harassing me. is there a possibility if I speak to the bank and come to an agreement that I will pay 300 SAR a month and tell them to withdraw the police civil entry so that I can go for Umrah in the future/
It is better if you just avoid the local collection agencies approaching you in the home country and they cannot legally claim anything at all. About the settlement part you need to give it a try and if the bank agrees then you are good to go.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #8
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
also, I wanna know if there is a way to check if there is any kind of police entry against my name. so that if there is I can somehow check and get proper information.
You can email us and we can do the case check for you.

Old 05-17-2018, 04:23 AM   #9
Shafraz Abdulla

thank you so much for your advice and details. I have been contacted so many times by this Bilkish company and I have told my end of the story that at the moment I am unable to do any kind of payment and not in a position.

one day the lady handling my account called me and said to provide her 3,000 SAR and she will make the loan issue go away by telling the banker that I am unfit and am jobless and there is no way to recover the payment. she said she has connections with the banker and also the IT guy. they also said that they can give me a letter from the bank saying my loan account will be deactivated and after 4 years I can travel to KSA.

is that possible to deactivate my loan account stating that I am unfit and unable to pay the loan.

Old 05-19-2018, 03:10 AM   #10
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
thank you so much for your advice and details. I have been contacted so many times by this Bilkish company and I have told my end of the story that at the moment I am unable to do any kind of payment and not in a position.

one day the lady handling my account called me and said to provide her 3,000 SAR and she will make the loan issue go away by telling the banker that I am unfit and am jobless and there is no way to recover the payment. she said she has connections with the banker and also the IT guy. they also said that they can give me a letter from the bank saying my loan account will be deactivated and after 4 years I can travel to KSA.

is that possible to deactivate my loan account stating that I am unfit and unable to pay the loan.
It is just an hoax and the lady is trying to collect as much as possible for the target she has and then it will be transferred to any other collection agent the next month. It is also not possible to deactivate any loan account the way she states.