USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

My Credit Card was used to make unauthorized purchases. Recommended course of action?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisRoche
    • Aug 2012

My Credit Card was used to make unauthorized purchases. Recommended course of action?

My credit card was stolen by my roommate (wife; who at the time we were living together and going through the process of separating awaiting dissolution) and was used to make 4 purchases totaling over $1700. The account was not a joint account nor was she an authorized user. She admitted to using the card while I was not present (at work) and refuses to pay me back or return the products purchased. This occurred in Sept 2010 and I have since been working on it with local police (report was filed May 2011), Chase Bank (with whom I disputed the charge but later, they revoked the dispute), and Best Buy (where the purchases are made.) But all 3 seem to keep pointing fingers to whom will help me handle this case. Any recommendation for my course of action?
  • Friend In Court
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Apr 2011
    • United States

Re: My Credit Card was used to make unauthorized purchases. Recommended course of act

Originally posted by ChrisRoche
    My credit card was stolen by my roommate (wife; who at the time we were living together and going through the process of separating awaiting dissolution) and was used to make 4 purchases totaling over $1700. The account was not a joint account nor was she an authorized user. She admitted to using the card while I was not present (at work) and refuses to pay me back or return the products purchased. This occurred in Sept 2010 and I have since been working on it with local police (report was filed May 2011), Chase Bank (with whom I disputed the charge but later, they revoked the dispute), and Best Buy (where the purchases are made.) But all 3 seem to keep pointing fingers to whom will help me handle this case. Any recommendation for my course of action?
    Because the two of you were married, it's uphill trying to get out of your obligation under this account. Any financial accounting should have been done through the divorce action.

If your divorce is not yet final, bring the matter up before the judge when the property distribution is to be made. Otherwise, I doubt you will find any relief in a civil action because the two of you were married at the time the charges were incurred.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...