Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Wiki Articles and Off-Topic Messages > Law Articles

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
LJ Admin

Default Property Law

Quote:
Property Law - Property law is the law that governs the various forms of ownership in real property and in personal property.
Real Estate Law - Real estate refers to something permanently fixed to the land such as a building. Real estate is synonymous of real property and sometimes called realty.
Property law is the area of law that governs the various forms of ownership in real property (land as distinct from personal or movable possessions) and in personal property, within the common law legal system. In the civil law system, there is a division between movable and immovable property. Movable property roughly corresponds to personal property, while immovable property corresponds to real estate or real property, and the associated rights and obligations thereon.

The Real Estate and Property practice includes Construction Law, Eminent Domain, Foreclosure, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Landlord and Tenant Law, Property Law, and Property Management.

Foreclosure is the legal proceedings in which a property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. When a homeowner is unable to make principal and/or interest payments on his or her mortgage, the creditor can seize and sell the property at a public auction.

Foreclosure is part of the Real Estate practice, which also includes Construction Law, Eminent Domain, Foreclosure , Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Landlord and Tenant Law, Property Law, and Property Management.

Landlord and Tenant Law regulates the rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants and empowers applications such as seeking extension of a lease or some other action or dispute concerning tenancy.

RELATED LINKS

American Bar Associations Guide to Home Ownership
Books: ABA Guide to Guide to Home Ownership (ABA Division for Public Education)
Theres more to owning a home than saving up for a down payment. Just as a house has a frame to support the walls and keep the roof overhead, it also has a legal framework of rights and duties that can keep your dream of property ownership from crashing in on your head. This book is designed to help you understand that legal framework and answer some questions you might have. It can also help you avoid legal problems and work through problems that might arise.

Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages
FRB:Consumer Handbook on Adjustable-Rate Mortgages
This handbook explains how ARMs work and discusses some of the issues that borrowers may face. It includes ways to reduce the risks and gives some pointers about advertising and other ways you can get information from lenders and other trusted advisers.

Landlord Law
Landlord.com Legal Main Page
This website will help landlords understand and exercise their legal rights and gain knowledge about their state’s Landlord/Tenant Laws.

National Association of Realtors - Legislative/Regulatory Issues
Real Estate Education, Information & Marketing Resources

Nolo - Real Estate section
Real Estate - Resource Center
Articles and forms needed for real estate transactions.

Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section of the American Bar Association
American Bar Association - Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
The Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section is a leading national forum for lawyers, and currently has over 30,000 members. The Real Property Division focuses on legal aspects of property use, ownership, development, transfer, regulation, financing, taxation and disposal. The Trust and Estate Division focuses on all aspects of trusts, estate planning, employee benefits, insurance, and probate and trust litigation.

Understanding Real Estate Tax-Deferred Exchanges
Understanding Real Estate Tax-Deferred Exchanges
Much has been written over the years to explain tax deferred exchanges, however, it has been my experience that most explanations are lengthy and much too technical. Being a well known real estate attorney with an emphasis in tax deferred exchanges, as well as an author on this subject, it has been brought to my attention that a simple to read guide explaining tax-deferred exchanges has been in high demand for quite a long time. I hope this guide will be useful to you.
LJ Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 AM   #2
guttikondavijay
guttikondavijay's Flag is: India

Default Re: Property Law

Dear sir, please suggest me what can I do in case of following situation:
Sir, we cousins mutually arrived to common understanding to change boundaries of our ancestral property (agricultural land). Accordingly we signed on a agreement. Now my cousins wants to sell their portion of land. I am not interested to sell. They are forcing me. I said no. They are threatening me to again change land boundaries deceitfully so that my portion of land should not have a pathway and it will not have a road face.
If they change boundaries on their own and sell, my portion of land will become inaccessible to road face i.e. my portion of land will not has the pathway. What shall I do. Please mail to
guttikonda.vijay@gmail.com or phone to 9110569186, 9603083968, 9493243968.
Thanking you. Your sincerely
G.Vijay Defence Engineer
guttikondavijay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2018, 03:45 AM   #3
davidbilly
davidbilly's Flag is: United States

Thumbs up Re: Property Law

Tremendous information regarding property law. I needed few information about it. So, I gain a lot of knowledge here. Thanks
davidbilly is offline   Reply With Quote