Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Government and Administrative Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2018, 11:34 PM   #1
Lett878
Lett878's Flag is: United States

Default Beto O'Rourke criminally arrested

Beto O'Rourke was apparently arrested in 1995 on burglary charges, and AGAIN in 1998 on drunken driving charges, so how can he now run for higher office in Texas??
Lett878 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #2
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

Default Re: Beto O'Rourke criminally arrested

He has no convictions. Prosecutors declined the burglary case and he received deferred adjudication for the dwi.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #3
Unregistered

Deferred adj seems reason enough to disqualify him!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:45 AM   #4
goddessoflubboc
Top Level Member

In TX deferred adjudication means basically if you complete probation requirements you will have no conviction on your record.

Getting arrested doesn’t mean you’re guilty.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #5
Unregistered

Hmm

Lucky for him I guess!

Thanks for responding.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
Unregistered

Doesn't hurt when daddy is a politically connected county judge. Speaking of daddy, when a condom filled with "white powder" turned up in his car, the police captain flushed it - he was suspended and tried for tampering with evidence. Oh and mom, she owned the family business, a furniture store. Seem the fed's found an unnamed customer paying her over $600,000 in CASH! (That's a lot of furniture). The fed's also charged 15 counts of altering records to avoid triggering IRS scrutiny on deposits over $10k. (Smells like laundering, cartel money?) They levied 5 years probation and a $250,000 fine (reduced from $500,000). Mom convieniently shut the business down and closed all the records as Robert began his senate run. Oh, yes his real name is Robert, which he used prior to entering politics in a community that's 80% Latino/Hispanic. "Beto" certainly has the effect of misleading and confusing voters.

The funny part, O'Rourke calls all these arrests and convictions "mistakes" and "pranks" - move along, nothing to see here. O'Rourke was a graduate of Columbia and an adult in his mid 20's when his "youthful indescretions" got him arrested.

Smells like Teddy K