Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2018, 01:40 AM   #271
expatkabayan
expatkabayan's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: Debt collection threats in UAE or home country of a defaulter!!

Advice needed

I’ve been in the Philippines for three months and been a credit Card defaulter for three months. I was not able to find work early reason that I was not able to pay the minimum payment. I have three banks, Citibank, Najm and Dubai First.

I am worried with the Dubai First because during credit card enrollment, the agent asked me to sign a blank cheque. I fear that this will be used against me. Can this be possible?

Will I be hold at airport here in the Philippines for issuing a blank cheque ( or maybe a bouncing cheque)?
expatkabayan is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-16-2018, 02:18 AM   #272
erz27
erz27's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Default Re: Debt collection threats in UAE or home country of a defaulter!!

hi
i just had been told that i have to pay 910 to DIB bank for legal fees, i dont think there is a case as i have complied with collection dept in sharjah and submit all docs required. she said i will pay this amount after they auto debit the car payment from my salary then they will give the release paper. please help
erz27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No