USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Cease and desist letter from Adidas America, Inc.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tradeweb
    • Oct 2016
    • United States

Re: Cease and desist letter from Adidas America, Inc.

Personally I would suggest you write them back and tell them exactly that--you do not sell any products that involve their name or trademark--in any way.

Comment

• Unregistered

They seem to be giving up on their aggressive tactics. Maybe forums like this one warn people enough to make sure they don't fall for this type of big corporate bullying!

Comment

• GrayArea

I also received a letter not to long ago from clement ho stating that they were filing federal charges against me for the two (yes 2) otterbox's I had sold on ebay. He stated in his letter that they would seek maximum compensation even if it resorted to seizing my assets and garnishing my wages and that I needed to call him immediately. After missing each others phone calls a few times I finally talked to Randy Clement. I gave him my end of the story of how my ebay auctions were ended and I was suspended for two otterboxes which to all my knowledge, were real. I also let him know my opinion on his threatening stance, to which he replied- are you done? What a prick. He then stated that otterbox would not pursue any further but for a peace of paper from otter box with a peace of mind I could send him a nice little payment. I suspect that he doesnt even represent otterbox and that thrives on taking advantage of sellers that are scared or gullible enough to send him payments for "peace of mind"

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by GrayArea
          I also received a letter not to long ago from clement ho stating that they were filing federal charges against me for the two (yes 2) otterbox's I had sold on ebay. He stated in his letter that they would seek maximum compensation even if it resorted to seizing my assets and garnishing my wages and that I needed to call him immediately. After missing each others phone calls a few times I finally talked to Randy Clement. I gave him my end of the story of how my ebay auctions were ended and I was suspended for two otterboxes which to all my knowledge, were real. I also let him know my opinion on his threatening stance, to which he replied- are you done? What a prick. He then stated that otterbox would not pursue any further but for a peace of paper from otter box with a peace of mind I could send him a nice little payment. I suspect that he doesnt even represent otterbox and that thrives on taking advantage of sellers that are scared or gullible enough to send him payments for "peace of mind"
          Hi! I just received the same letter from the same law office! Do they go any further ? Could you give me some update with your case, because I want to know what I must do. Thank you very much in advance!

Comment

• Danal55

Read all the posts above.
            If you stop selling or deny you are selling and do not sell further, they usually go away.

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi Guys,
              I received an email from Clement & Ho on April 26 saying that i sold counterfeit Otterbox and that they represent OtterBox. They told me contact them before May 10 which already past, otherwise they will file a complaint to federal court. I found out many people got this type of emails or letters from them and advice to ignore them. But today, i just received another email from them with ready to file complaint included and says that if I don't contact them by May 26th 2017, they will no longer send any notice and will file the complaint. What should do? Should I still ignore it? how did you guy handle with these people? have any of you guys resolve the issue with them? I do appreciated for any inputs, thanks in advance.

Comment

• Unregistered

Ignore them and stop selling if you are selling.

That is my advice, been there.

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks a lot for quick response. I already stop selling them since they send me the first email. Have you receive any email from them? did they take any action afterward?

Comment

• Unregistered

Just received this same letter regarding popsockets. Called and talked to him and they want money. I only sold to 4 buyers, 1 must of been them. Stopped selling when eBay took them down didn't realize It was trademarked and not allowed. Should I also ignore future emails? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      Just received this same letter regarding popsockets. Called and talked to him and they want money. I only sold to 4 buyers, 1 must of been them. Stopped selling when eBay took them down didn't realize It was trademarked and not allowed. Should I also ignore future emails? Thanks in advance.
                      *** it was an email, not a letter

Comment

• San Diego 3

If you stop selling the item, then ignoring all the threats seems to be the best advice offered above by many many people.

Comment

• Wenton2
                          Top Level Member
                          ☆☆☆☆☆☆
                          • Sep 2016
                          • United States

The standard approach as you will see if you read all of the above is to cease all selling of the product and and ignore further emails etc.

And then hope and pray that it is not worth it for the company to actually sue you.

Comment

• Unregistered

Do you have an updated on your case ?

Comment

• Cutegirl999
                              • Apr 2018
                              • United States

I had same issue, but I didn’t sell it. Package got seized by custom (5months ago) and just now i received cease & desist letter from attorney behalf the brand. They demanding some money too. Im confused what to do.

Comment

• Unregistered

Hmm, I just got one too. I will follow the suggestions of most here, and stop sales but ignore the threats. What a pain.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...