Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
Vasquez

Angry Re: wrongful termination from atria senior living group

Hi, I was fired a couple of weeks ago in Atria Senior Living In Monterey Avenue In Palm Desert. I worked as a housekeeper, the manager from the housekeeper department Rafaela Vidal has fired me based upon lies, She got revenge on me for complaining about her work, She didn't give me the required 10 minute break stated in California and the days that I wanted to take off and other things. She hates it when someone complains about her job. The people who complained had been fired. We are 3 women that gotten fire fro defending our rights This person also likes to make fun of older people who are resident in The Atria Senior Living, resident who have Alzheimer they don't know what they are doing a resident due to this Disease put some shorts from his belong wife & Rafaela Vidal started laughing at him with other employees & I heard her & I told her to shut up that she was gonna get old the same thing might happen to her for laughing at the poor elderly man. If your thinking in putting an Elderly family member in Atria Senior Living think about it Twice!!!. The Main Manager Dean, Has Rafaela cause He believe she's a saint (bull****) everyone complains about her and he doesn't do crap about it could it be that he's in the same page as her??

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
Ex Employee

Default Re: wrongful termination from atria senior living group

Im a worker at Atria Senior Living In Monterey Avenue In Palm Desert. i had an accident i injured my neck and shoulder, I work for the housekeeping Department my doctor gave me a paper where my manager Rafaela had to reassign me to easier task and she didn't obey the doctor's order, She gave me more work. Since I started working I never had my 10 minute break and also she took me to the office and told me that if i complain or talk about her that i was gonna get fired just like an ex employee also she's always bugging me about my work while the other girls that work in this department don't get as much work or as much check on because she has them as friends like Ana Maria Moreno and Maria Lopez these people steals the companies
because we all start at 8 and these people come to work at 9 to 9:30 Since the day they started working and Rafaela doesn't do nothing is it because they are Lazy just like Rafaela?

Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
Unregistered

I havent been terminated yet, ( I started 9 weeks ago ), but I feel like it's coming soon. My boss called me into his office today and forced me to sign time correction sheets for hours that he had me working but didn't want to pay me for. It was an extra 2:30 hrs collectivly. I don't know what to do about getting back the money I deserve for working said hours. Can you please help me? Thank you.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
Unregistered

My recommendation at this time is to get the Union involved. More specifically, the SEIU. Atria has been known to take retaliatory actions and it's quite difficult to prove it.

Atria is also under litigation for the "breaks" that they did not allow - although they will most likely settle with all plaintiffs, you're not looking at much money.

For all you employees working at Atria, the ONLY way you're going to be safe and stay away from terrible acts from Atria is to get the Union INTO your community! Good luck!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #15
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: wrongful termination from atria senior living group

I had wanted to work for the Atria community near me for a while. I red about their wonderful programs for employees and the longevity of quite a few employees in this location. However, unless your census is 95 or above you might as well forget getting any positive support for the company. sYou are supposed to receive immediate training from your Regional but my training didn't take place until the 3rd week of the 3rd month I was there - 5 days before I had my corporate training. They knew they had to do it then or would get reprimanded for not having done it before I went. I was only there for 4 months and 5 days when they terminated the other sales person. For the next 29 days I was doing the work of two people and of course not getting any support from my ED or my Regional Sales (except to keep telling me what I needed to do). Of course I was behind in keeping up calls in our database and our outside sales calls. When I asked the RSM and RVP what the priority was they said the inside with the ED and other department heads covering the outside. However, even though there was directive to do this the ED and 3 of the department heads never made outside calls. One department head tried and did several. However, I was still being held accountable for everything regarding sales.

It was never discussed with me that I was not meeting standards and needed to improve or there would be written disciplinary action. However around day 23 I was given a FINAL Written disciplinary action for not meeting standards, several of which didn't even have any set standards within the company. 5 days later I was terminated for a mystery shop without even asking if there was any validity to the comments made. I was told I was being terminated for those things. When I asked if I could give comments they said yes. After I was done I asked could this be reviewed and she said no, the decision has already been made.

Between the first write up and the termination I gave a response in writing concerning there being no written standards anywhere for me to follow and that I had been given conflicting information about some of the standards. I asked to have someone please contact me to let me know where the information for those standards could be found.

I feel the mystery shop was just an excuse to terminate me because they didn't like my questioning their authority over standards not being in a written format and yet still holding employees accountable.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #16
Unregistered

I have worked as a front line staff for eleven years and am now a supervisor. I have seen ED's fired for mistreating an employee if what you say is hundred percent true. Atria has high standards for its employees. No matter what job that you join you need to cya. Get in writing what you are supposed to do and do it. Hang in there if you have a bad boss they won't last and retaliation for whistle blowing is illegal.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #17
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I havent been terminated yet, ( I started 9 weeks ago ), but I feel like it's coming soon. My boss called me into his office today and forced me to sign time correction sheets for hours that he had me working but didn't want to pay me for. It was an extra 2:30 hrs collectivly. I don't know what to do about getting back the money I deserve for working said hours. Can you please help me? Thank you.
LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. THEY DO THE SAME TO ME AND I'M RESIGNING WITHOUT NOTICE!

Old 10-27-2017, 02:20 AM   #18
timjn
timjn's Flag is: United States

My mother, Ella , was a resident and she loved it there. There were activities going on every single day, the food was good and the staff was so caring and dedicated. They kept us informed of any changes in her or her routine. We felt like the Three Links staff was part of our family, and we knew she was being well-taken care of! It was a wonderful place for her to spend the last of her 105 years.
timjn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2017, 02:21 AM   #19
timjn
timjn's Flag is: United States

My mother, Della Lundquist, was a resident of the Care Center from 1/15 until 9/16, and she loved it there. There were activities going on every single day, the food was good and the staff was so caring and dedicated. They kept us informed of any changes in her or her routine. We felt like the Three Links staff was part of our family, and we knew she was being well-taken care of! It was a wonderful place for her to spend the last of her 105 years.
timjn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #20
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Posting to a thread that's been dead over 4 years is hardly productive, "Tim".
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote