Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW and MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
Lyinginsilence
Lyinginsilence's Flag is: United States

Default Sue over second surgery

I had knee surgery for a torn and discoid meniscus. Despite complaining of pain my doctor didn't return my phone call 5 months post op. Ended up getting a second opinion, having several injections, and another surgery within a year of the original one. I missed out on no wages at work but was in pretty consistent pain for all those months. Can I sue for malpractice due to his negligence/dismissiveness?
Lyinginsilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Sue over second surgery

Quote:
Can I sue for malpractice due to his negligence/dismissiveness?
Sure you can sue. Anybody can sue anybody for anything.

What you're really asking is can you punish the doctor by taking his money.

There's no way to answer that without a thorough review of your medical records which is something a medical malpractice attorney should be doing.

Go ye then and consult with one.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that it is the laws of your state which will have jurisdiction in this matter. The burden of proof will be on you to prove the claims and allegations made by you. You will need an expert witness report to support your view point in the court. Many law firms take medical malpractice cases on pro bono basis. You can consider such an offer. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this regard you are required to produce all the details of your surgery. You can also sue the hospital for negligence for not taking care of your emergency. It is good to consult a lawyer in this regard to move the case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote