USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Can I sue the doctor for not giving medication?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: Can I sue the doctor for not giving medication?

He is not required to serve you just because you show up unless it is a life and death matter, which apparently was not.
    But you certainly can file a complaint and his licensing board will review the situation, if you feel that that is warranted.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by DavidGraf
      Suing a doctor depends on the case. You need facts and the lawyer also has to be satisfied with the case. There are a lot of cases where people have been sued for even small issues. I remember a case here in Toronto where a nurse and doctor was sued by a medical malpractice lawyer for not conducting a screening test properly. The case was won by Sommers & Roth Professional Corporation in Toronto. It is the lawyer who has to take up your case and fight it out for you. Unless he/she finds something interesting in it, you cannot do anything.
      I have talked to 4 lawyers and none will take my case. I guess that means I am screwed if I can't do it myself, which all of you here say is really not possible.

Comment

• panda57

All of a sudden nobody wants to continue prescribing the Xanax because of all the lawsuits and doctor arrests and the like. But I have used it for six years so where does that leave me now? I mean it's not heroin for God's sake.
        This is terrible and unfair and should ALSO be illegal.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by panda57
          All of a sudden nobody wants to continue prescribing the Xanax because of all the lawsuits and doctor arrests and the like. But I have used it for six years so where does that leave me now? I mean it's not heroin for God's sake.
          This is terrible and unfair and should ALSO be illegal.
          Rather than necro posting, start your own thread if you have a question of your own. Also, I have never had a problem getting a benzo, Xanax or Clonopin, but my doctors know that I only take it as needed.

Your doctor has the right not to prescribe you something if they feel that it’s either not gonna be helpful for you or that there’s a chance you would abuse it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...