Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2016, 05:43 AM   #21
Peri

Default Re: Default loan as Saudi Arabia, Bilkish collector

Hello
Please if you can help me with some information I will appreciate...
I have the same problem that the member from above.
I left KSA with a c card debts two years ago... Now this company "Bilkish" sent me an email saying that they are going to my home town to look for me to try to get this c card money back... They treach me in KSA like a ****... And I have lo leave the country immediately ... So I never pay my debts to The bank..
What can happen to me..? Any information will be very appreciated thank you so much..
Regards
Peri is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-13-2016, 04:14 AM   #22
Peri

Hello anybody ...!! Any information please....!!
Peri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #23
chinitabeha

AFFA is an employee of Bilkish! hahaha! He/she is talking trash and totally ignorant about the LAW. He/she is a freaking *******!!!

Old 04-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #24
Unregistered

Yeah tell this BILKISH people and other collectors to go to HELL and PAK YU!!!

Old 07-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #25
Unregistered

Wink Re: Default loan as Saudi Arabia, Bilkish collector

There's very likely no way they can ever collect unless you voluntarily choose to send them the money, and you'll have total control over IF and WHEN to do that.

First, the contract was probably in Arabic, and you probably don't read Arabic script; so you wouldn't even know what the terms said. That's already unconscionable and therefore not enforceable. Also, for example, you wouldn't have even known if there was a clause saying you agreed to pay their costs of collecting if collection was ever necessary. If it wasn't stated and in your language, it's not enforceable because there was no "meeting of the minds."

Second, Sharia law governs Saudi contracts, and the Philippines doesn't ever apply Sharia law or enforce judgments grounded in Sharia law.

Third, ambiguous terms are always construed against drafting parties, and a contract in Arabic Script with a Filipino who can't read Arabic is ambiguous in its entirety; so the entire contract would be construed against the Saudi bank.

Fourth, consider the statute of limitations for contracts and the defense called "laches."

Fifth, no attorney will take the plaintiff's case in the Philippines (or any other country) without getting paid in advance, and it's extremely unlikely that Bilkish or the Bank would risk paying in advance for an attorney to pursue the claim (or enforcement of a Saudi judgment, if any) when there are so many reasons why the plaintiff can lose. The risk of them losing is way too high!

The bottom line: no matter how much the collectors call or annoy you, the best thing is to just ignore them unless you actually get an official notice to appear at your local court. If you get that, then you still have many defenses, including but not limited to the ones above. If I were in your situation, I wouldn't give them a dime unless the court in my home town ordered me to pay them after a fair hearing. In the meantime, screw them!

Old 09-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #26
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's very likely no way they can ever collect unless you voluntarily choose to send them the money, and you'll have total control over IF and WHEN to do that.

First, the contract was probably in Arabic, and you probably don't read Arabic script; so you wouldn't even know what the terms said. That's already unconscionable and therefore not enforceable. Also, for example, you wouldn't have even known if there was a clause saying you agreed to pay their costs of collecting if collection was ever necessary. If it wasn't stated and in your language, it's not enforceable because there was no "meeting of the minds."

Second, Sharia law governs Saudi contracts, and the Philippines doesn't ever apply Sharia law or enforce judgments grounded in Sharia law.

Third, ambiguous terms are always construed against drafting parties, and a contract in Arabic Script with a Filipino who can't read Arabic is ambiguous in its entirety; so the entire contract would be construed against the Saudi bank.

Fourth, consider the statute of limitations for contracts and the defense called "laches."

Fifth, no attorney will take the plaintiff's case in the Philippines (or any other country) without getting paid in advance, and it's extremely unlikely that Bilkish or the Bank would risk paying in advance for an attorney to pursue the claim (or enforcement of a Saudi judgment, if any) when there are so many reasons why the plaintiff can lose. The risk of them losing is way too high!

The bottom line: no matter how much the collectors call or annoy you, the best thing is to just ignore them unless you actually get an official notice to appear at your local court. If you get that, then you still have many defenses, including but not limited to the ones above. If I were in your situation, I wouldn't give them a dime unless the court in my home town ordered me to pay them after a fair hearing. In the meantime, screw them!
I replied to bilkish a month ago when they asked me to pay my debt in ksa ,i left the country a year ago. They replied again and i didnt bother to answer again. Today i got a message request in my fb messenger from a certain person working at sykes as customer service assistant(according to her fb profile), she told me that i should pay my balance from the al rajhi bank within this month or else, a police case will be filed and a travel ban too. Im kinda worried coz i'm planning to go on vacation abroad next year. Should i enertain that person?

Old 09-21-2017, 02:03 AM   #27
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
I replied to bilkish a month ago when they asked me to pay my debt in ksa ,i left the country a year ago. They replied again and i didnt bother to answer again. Today i got a message request in my fb messenger from a certain person working at sykes as customer service assistant(according to her fb profile), she told me that i should pay my balance from the al rajhi bank within this month or else, a police case will be filed and a travel ban too. Im kinda worried coz i'm planning to go on vacation abroad next year. Should i enertain that person?
There are chances that there might be a case filed on you in KSA or might also have immigration issues in GCC countries, you need not pay Bilkish or any other collectors and they could do nothing to you in any other country.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #28
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
There are chances that there might be a case filed on you in KSA or might also have immigration issues in GCC countries, you need not pay Bilkish or any other collectors and they could do nothing to you in any other country.
Thank you 😊
So bilkish is not legit at all?! Theyre good at scaring people.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #29
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Thank you 😊
So bilkish is not legit at all?! Theyre good at scaring people.
They buy your debt from the banks for upto 20% of yoir total debt, legally they cannot do anything to you in your home country
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #30
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
They buy your debt from the banks for upto 20% of yoir total debt, legally they cannot do anything to you in your home country
according to the third and last email from bilkish, i should pay through the same bank where i loaned the money. So i think its better if i email the bank and ask for extension coz im jobless for now.