Collapse

Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now a I have a new problem...for months now, Rivian owners have debated the cause of a common issue with their electric pickup trucks and SUVs: Rapid front tire wear. Some owners have reported their R1Ts and R1Ses are chewing through tires in as little as 6,000 miles, while other owners have pointed to the driver as being at fault. The complete answer is a bit more complicated, however, because some of the wear appears to be down to the truck's design—though, the owner plays a big role, too.

Tire wear has been the subject of discussion among Rivian owners since early 2022, mere months after the R1T's launch. The community was worried the truck's roughly 7,000-pound curb weight and extreme torque could cause rapid wear, despite Pirelli covering all of Rivian's OE tires for at least 50,000 miles. Still, their concerns have been substantiated by owners complaining of accelerated wear, and even having to replace tires much earlier than expected.

Comment

[Now a I have a new problem...for months now, Rivian owners have debated the cause of a common issue with their electric pickup trucks and SUVs: Rapid front tire wear]

But how actually would that really happen I notice that work?

Comment

Have any of these issues shown up on any ev models or test ev models?

Comment

I think this entire issue was an older isssue even on the regular cars.Fewer reports today.

Comment

I have never heard of this problem and have been driving MBs for 35 years. Seems odd to me.

Comment

• Gallant
              ☆☆☆☆
              • Sep 2016
              • United States

Most of the reports were from years back. I don't see such issues being reported much now. Just FYI

Comment

I agree yeah I agree I think it's an issue of the past if it was an issue at all. Cant wait for all the new electric car developments from MB. I've been a proud owner for 35 years of different models can all of them have been perfect.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...