Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2017, 06:09 AM   #1
rt1476425
rt1476425's Flag is: India

Default UAE credit card and loan default

I was in UAE till April 2017 and took loan of 200000 AED and 100000 from credit card which sums up to 300000 AED ,recently I was terminated from my company and I am back to India so I want to know what's your experience after coming back to India ,did bank has taken any legal action in India or through collections agents ?
rt1476425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: UAE credit card and loan default

I wish to inform you that credit card collector may not take criminal action for default of credit card loan as loan default is a civil action under Indian laws. If any debt collector contacts you then you may inform him that debt default is a civil action in Indian law. Further, if debt collector harass you in India then you may report matter of harassment to law enforcement agencies.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that credit card collector may not take criminal action for default of credit card loan as loan default is a civil action under Indian laws. If any debt collector contacts you then you may inform him that debt default is a civil action in Indian law. Further, if debt collector harass you in India then you may report matter of harassment to law enforcement agencies.

AFF
I have used 2 credit cards of 100000 AED and 200000 AED is a personal loan so you mean UAE banks will not take any legal action for the credit card and personal loans in India ?

That bank has a branch in India as well ...legally they can't do anything india ?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
rt1476425

I have used 2 credit cards of 100000 AED and 200000 AED is a personal loan so you mean UAE banks will not take any legal action for the credit card and personal loans in India ?

That bank has a branch in India as well ...legally they can't do anything india ?

Old 06-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #5
rt1476425

Can somebody please reply for the above query ?

Old 06-22-2017, 02:24 AM   #6
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt1476425 View Post

Hope your doubts are cleared now. If anything again you can contact on the given email.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2017, 07:50 AM   #7
rt1476425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Hope your doubts are cleared now. If anything again you can contact on the given email.
Yes I am clear now ,most of the queries are resolved .Thank you !!!

Old 06-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt1476425 View Post
Yes I am clear now ,most of the queries are resolved .Thank you !!!
Well, contact us anytime again if you need to without hesitation.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #9
Jpm
Jpm's Flag is: Palau

Hi,
I have a loan from dunia and I haven't missed my mothly paymen as well as my credit cArd. My loan has 8 months old since it was approved. My question is i just recently cancelled my visa to obtain a husband visa however i decided to leave dubai since I am pregnant and will come back in november. I had booked my flight on 8th of aug and made sure i paid all my current monthly dues. My bank doesnt know that i have cancelled my visa and i am about to leave. I even pay in advance my credit card which is due on 23rd Aug.

Will i face any problem leaving uae with cancelled visa and loan but i dont have missed payment for my dues.

Appreciate to receive opinions
Thanks
Jpm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2017, 02:33 AM   #10
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
Hi,
I have a loan from dunia and I haven't missed my mothly paymen as well as my credit cArd. My loan has 8 months old since it was approved. My question is i just recently cancelled my visa to obtain a husband visa however i decided to leave dubai since I am pregnant and will come back in november. I had booked my flight on 8th of aug and made sure i paid all my current monthly dues. My bank doesnt know that i have cancelled my visa and i am about to leave. I even pay in advance my credit card which is due on 23rd Aug.

Will i face any problem leaving uae with cancelled visa and loan but i dont have missed payment for my dues.

Appreciate to receive opinions
Thanks
Hello Sister

Wish you good luck for your upcoming baby, you will not face any issue during your exit as per the details you have me to here, you would very easily clear your immigration stamping and you do not have to notify your bank that you are canceling your visa, if you do so then there would be problems created by them. So a cancelled visa is of no interest to the police or immigration authorities in UAE, only if you have defaulted for more than 90 days and if your cheque had bounced already, you would be held. So you dont have to take any stress at this point of time and be very sure about this. You will find your exit with no hurdles in your way. All the best