X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smuggy_bomb
    • Dec 2006

800 dollars issue with UPS/Leasing office

I bought a camcorder from a online store and it was shipped by UPS. UPS delivered to the leasing office and was signed for by a leasing office employee but I never got it. UPS website says the camcorder was delivered at 2:40 PM and it wasn't there when I went there at 5:40 PM. It was gone within three hours and there was no entry in the leasing office log book. The leasing office employee say they signed for it because they were busy and the UPS did some mistake in delivering the package. UPS says they have the signature and they can't do anything.

Though it's a clear case against the residential community, here are some facts:

1.) I stay with a girl friend and was not on the lease when the camcorder was delivered. Can this be used against me?

2.) I asked the UPS on phone to drop the camcorder at the leasing office if I was not there at home to receive it.

It's a 800 dollar camera and really costly for my financial standard. Before filing a small claim, I need your expert legal advice as the filing fee is around 155+ dollars, which again is very costly for me. Plz help!! I desperately need it.
  • Unregistered

Re: 800 dollars issue with UPS/Leasing office

when they take it and hold it for residents and guests, they are normally liable; you may sue in small claims if need be.

Comment

• smuggy_bomb
      • Dec 2006

Thanks for the reply!!

I'm considering the option of going to small claims court but was wondering how the leasing company can use the cluase that I'm not on the lease and that I instructed the UPS to drop off the package in the leasing office.

Is there any legal problem that I'm not on the lease?

Thanks for your time and help friends!!

Comment

• Unregistered

That itself is not determinative, if the building did take the package. They still have a duty.

Comment

• Unregistered

What are the legal bottlenack that I can face given that I was not on the lease?

How can I make my case more stronger?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...