Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW and MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Drilled too deep (went to a dentist to fill two cavities)

I thought this was a sex thread. Please don't necro-post. this thread is 1.5 years old.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Unregistered

There are various reasons behind cavities. Your local dentist told you such helpful procedure to fill two cavities. Also, you know more about it's preventive measures.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #13
Genemyers
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I went to a dentist to fill two cavities on the upper right side of my mouth. He proceeded to tell me during the procedure that the cavities were real deep and that they could have lead to me needing a root canal. Well, I know that decay is the number one cause of root canals but I've never had much pain in the teeth except for when I eat certain sweets. All of my teeth are sensitive to cold so it was nothing new that these teeth with the cavities were sensitive as well. I figured as long as the cavity was taken care all will be fine now.

After I got home and the numbing went away I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't even eat on the right side of my mouth because of the pain. I assumed that it was just because of the drilling though I didn't recal it hurting this much when I was kid and got some cavities filled. I just took some OTC painkillers and hoped it'd be better in the morning. Well, it has been over a month and the pain is still present. It is no longer constant as it was the day of the procedure. My teeth are now very sensitive to cold (even cold air outside) and now even hot. If I eat anything hard or crunchy the pain is worse. I'm woken up in the middle of the night because of the pain and my only releif is OTC painkillers.

I got a second opinion from a different dentitst who took xrays of the teeth and he stated that the cavities are extremely close to to the nerve which why I'm having all my symptoms and that root canals are probably going to be needed. He also stated based on the xrays I brought in from before the cavitites were filled that he didn't understand why the cavities were made so deep since the cavities themselves were not that deep to begin with.

So as you can imagine I'm pretty upset. I'm considering getting a third opinion just see if that's really the cause. If so I'm seriously thinking about filing a suit against the original dentist. I know this post is really long (Sorry!) but I was curious to see if it sounds like Imay have a case?
The next time I would like you to consult well known and experienced dentist. And about the case please have a third opinion of the dentist regarding the dental problem .I know it is painful but try to be sure as much as possible about the damage done This will help you further.
Genemyers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #14
sweetbutterfly

When filling is on the nerve what is the called besides very freaking painful ...I'm suffering so bad and in need of a rocanroot canal ..what happens when nerve is severed
like that???doesth e rest of it is it dieing off slowly..
sweetbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #15
Unregistered

Quote:
You didn't read the intial post too closely. The person indicated that the cavities WERE NOT DEEP so your wrong buddy! Why don't you, who obviously must not be an AMERICAN, get it right?
Actually, the original poster said that the dentist doing the work indicated that the cavities WERE deep. It was the second dentist, who only saw the x-rays, who said they WEREN'T. The poster you were just so very rude to, said that the second dentist could not have known that because often cavities are deeper than x-rays indicate. So it is you who did not read the IP closely.

Bulletin: being American does not actually make someone smarter than other people.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:21 PM   #16
Unregistered

I understand everyones frustration. I havent seen a dentist in 12 yrs and when i finally do go in to see one, Doc tells me i have 6 cavities and one thats really deep. So, i go back in ASAP to get it handled really nervous but ready.....2 weeks later my tooth is hot/cold sensitive and painful to apply pressure too. Even when she compacted it with the composite it was painful and had been ever since. I am angry cause i cant help but feel like i was doing just fine not seeing a dentist. Now i am in debt owing her money and in pain. I didnt have these problems when i was a kid and i am hoping she just needs to re adjust the filling, but really... Really feels like i got shafted in this deal.Go back this Tuesday...will update!

Old 08-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #17
Unregistered

Quote:
I understand everyones frustration. I havent seen a dentist in 12 yrs and when i finally do go in to see one, Doc tells me i have 6 cavities and one thats really deep. So, i go back in ASAP to get it handled really nervous but ready.....2 weeks later my tooth is hot/cold sensitive and painful to apply pressure too. Even when she compacted it with the composite it was painful and had been ever since. I am angry cause i cant help but feel like i was doing just fine not seeing a dentist. Now i am in debt owing her money and in pain. I didnt have these problems when i was a kid and i am hoping she just needs to re adjust the filling, but really... Really feels like i got shafted in this deal.Go back this Tuesday...will update!
Exactly what I'm going through. I hadn't gone in 6 years and was told to get in asap and he drilled a deep cavity to the pulp and now I've been in pain since it happened. I never had pain prior and am worried it won't go away.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #18
Unregistered

Quote:
You didn't read the intial post too closely. The person indicated that the cavities WERE NOT DEEP so your wrong buddy! Why don't you, who obviously must not be an AMERICAN, get it right?

My daughter's going through the same thing. Her dentist filled a very MINOR cavity, one surface or rather it should have been. The idiotic dentist drilled too deep and had to put in a pulp pack, which didn't help. If you or your child were going through the pain that this can cause, not to mention the addtional costs for a root canal, you want to be compensated as well.
LOL first of all your attack about this person's American identity is hilarious because it's not contingent on how well someone can speak English. There are many Americans who have lived here for centuries and can't spell for **** or have poor grammar and reading comprehension.

And additionally this is even more embarrassing and hilarious because you read OP's original statement wrong and he DID say that both dentists said the cavities were close to the nerves. I suggest you go back up and read again you "American" LOL

Sorry to bring this back from 2010 but I felt this was quite xenophobic and I hope you've become less hostile and educated. It was also quite funny.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #19
Unregistered

Quote:
I went to a dentist to fill two cavities on the upper right side of my mouth. He proceeded to tell me during the procedure that the cavities were real deep and that they could have lead to me needing a root canal. Well, I know that decay is the number one cause of root canals but I've never had much pain in the teeth except for when I eat certain sweets. All of my teeth are sensitive to cold so it was nothing new that these teeth with the cavities were sensitive as well. I figured as long as the cavity was taken care all will be fine now.

After I got home and the numbing went away I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't even eat on the right side of my mouth because of the pain. I assumed that it was just because of the drilling though I didn't recal it hurting this much when I was kid and got some cavities filled. I just took some OTC painkillers and hoped it'd be better in the morning. Well, it has been over a month and the pain is still present. It is no longer constant as it was the day of the procedure. My teeth are now very sensitive to cold (even cold air outside) and now even hot. If I eat anything hard or crunchy the pain is worse. I'm woken up in the middle of the night because of the pain and my only releif is OTC painkillers.

I got a second opinion from a different dentitst who took xrays of the teeth and he stated that the cavities are extremely close to to the nerve which why I'm having all my symptoms and that root canals are probably going to be needed. He also stated based on the xrays I brought in from before the cavitites were filled that he didn't understand why the cavities were made so deep since the cavities themselves were not that deep to begin with.

So as you can imagine I'm pretty upset. I'm considering getting a third opinion just see if that's really the cause. If so I'm seriously thinking about filing a suit against the original dentist. I know this post is really long (Sorry!) but I was curious to see if it sounds like Imay have a case?
The same exact thing has happened to me and I think you definitely have a case. In fact after reading your post, it's occurred to me that I should probably demand to see my x-rays before my fillings were done. The place I go to the main dentist is very skilled, he has this new assistant dentist who did my fillings and doesn't seem to be very skilled to me. I've already been to the office for a follow up adjustment and am due for a third one if the sensitivity doesn't subside. It's clear that they drilled too close and you definitely have a case! Good luck.

Old 04-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #20
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

This thread is over 6 years old. I think the dentist thing was solved long ago.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote