Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW and MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2017, 12:17 AM   #1
deandj
deandj's Flag is: India

Default incomplete information and wrong commitments

Do we have a case against medical practitioner and hospital due to wrong commitments on recovery period. Also post surgery implication were not clearly mentioned. Though this was a critical surgery. Due to mis calculations of recovery period i have lost my livelihood. I was issued fitment certificate by my doctor though this was completey on my insistence as this was required by my employer but be failed to comprehend and make required relevant information relating to my health.
deandj is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: incomplete information and wrong commitments

I wish to inform you that you may seek compensation for medical negligence and malpractice. As doctor had provided incorrect medical certification and was negligent in providing advise thus doctor may be held liable. You may have the burden to show that doctor knew or should have known from your medical records that recovery as informed to you was not possible and further for incorrect certification that you have recovered completely. You may also file complaint with medical association.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No