Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Consumer Complaints

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
zsjones1109

Unhappy Auto Finace Aggreement

On 12/23/06 me and my father went to an auto finance company so that my dad can refinance his wifes truck so that i can purchase it we signed a contract stating what monies that i would have to pay each month, and the finance company was supposed to send off a check to capital one for a little over $9,000 we where told that the check would be mailed off the next day and that it would take about 10 business days for them to recieve the title so that i could go down to the tag agency to get a tag for the truck , in the mean time i went and purchased full coverage insurance for the truck and i've allready payed my first car note on 01/20/07, the thing is i still can't drive the truck because the finance company took alittle over a month to send capital one the check i questioned them( finance company ) after two weeks of sighning the contract what was the hold up and we where told they couldn't send the check out when they told us becuse they where waiting for the funds to come in. The worst part of it is my father had to keep making payments on the truck to keep capital one from repossesing the truck . Is ther any legal advice out there
zsjones1109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Auto Finace Aggreement

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...you could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior... You may also report them to your state attorney general's office.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No