•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lenik8
    • Aug 2018
    • United States

they have removed my ability to place, modify or close

Is it fraud if a company trading cfds contracts is replaying historical prices instead of streaming live prices for currency pairs?

If I have given permission to them to trade on my behalf, and they have removed my ability to place, modify or close orders, is it illegal?

Thanks.
  • Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

Re: they have removed my ability to place, modify or close

In this regard you can file a breach of contract case against the company after analyzing the terms of the contract. It is also good to consult a lawyer to know if there is a scope in the case.

Comment

• adjusterjack
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • May 2016

Originally posted by Lenik8
      Is it fraud if a company trading cfds contracts is replaying historical prices instead of streaming live prices for currency pairs?
      Can't imagine why. Your gain or loss is based on actual prices at the time of the transaction. I'm not sure that the trading company has to post anything at all, seeing that you can find the live prices online anyway.

Originally posted by Lenik8
      If I have given permission to them to trade on my behalf, and they have removed my ability to place, modify or close orders, is it illegal?
      Is what illegal?

Presumably your trading agreement gives you the ability to cancel the agreement.

Did you get into something that looked profitable, that you knew nothing about, that you are losing money on, and now want to figure out if somebody is doing something wrong to you?

Comment

• Unregistered

Review your terms of service, and in any case, if you feel something is not as you believed it would be, terminate the contract.

Comment

• olive
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Mar 2008

Are you sure you are dealing with a reputable company, there is a lot of consumer fraud in that area of activity. In addition to terminating your contract, you may want to do some additional background research on the company that you were involved with.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...