Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Mercedes Benz Tires Don't Support Vehicle

My husband has an Mercedes E350 with high performance Continental tires and has gone through tires and alloy wheels constantly since getting this vehicle. This has never happend to us with any other car. He has replaced the tires 3 or 4 times and the alloy rims twice in less than 2 years. I was told by MB technicians and reps that the high performance tires get bulges and the alloy wheels bend if you hit any pot holes and they were not covered under warranty. They explained that MB weighs 1500 pounds more than a normal car and that\'s why there are so many bulges and bent rims with the tires. I was told that everyone has the same problems and the drivers assistance program mechanics told me that is what they spend 99% of their day doing was tires.

I can not believe that the tires they sell do not support the car and that any pot holes would cause such issues. I also will say that we have never had problems driving in this area before and what they claim to be a pothole is normal driving for the east coast and more like ruts in the road.

I think these tires are dangerous and should not be being used on this vehicle because they could easily blow out and I feel it\'s dangerous and don\'t like to drive this vehicle any longer. Shouldn\'t tires be sold with a vehicle that will support the car and normal driving conditions of the area?

Anyone know of a lawsuit against MB or if we have a case for lemon laws?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No