Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Internet Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Roff84
Roff84's Flag is: United States

Default Facebook data breach damages and data misuse

What really are my legal options as of today?
Can I file a claim in small claims on the data breach issues?
Is the misuse of my data in and of itself reason to be awarded damages?
I mean it was clear even just from the testimony in Congress that data was misused.
Roff84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Facebook data breach damages and data misuse

I wish to inform you that Facebook is facing more than three dozen class action lawsuits. The complaints seek damages on behalf of millions of consumers for alleged misuse of their data among other items. The lawsuits cite damages under grounds like negligence, invasion of privacy, and violation of state consumer protection laws and the federal Stored Communications Act. To join the class action lawsuit, you'll need to prove that you used Facebook Messenger or Facebook Lite on an Android device at the material time. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2018, 10:26 AM   #3
Lexus
Top Level Member

In this regard you have the right to file a case for misusing your personal data. It is good to pursue the case through a lawyer to demand damages.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2018, 06:32 AM   #4
LJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that Facebook is facing more than three dozen class action lawsuits. The complaints seek damages on behalf of millions of consumers for alleged misuse of their data among other items. The lawsuits cite damages under grounds like negligence, invasion of privacy, and violation of state consumer protection laws and the federal Stored Communications Act. To join the class action lawsuit, you'll need to prove that you used Facebook Messenger or Facebook Lite on an Android device at the material time. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF
Also if you opt out of the class actions you can, depending on the nature of your claim and damages, take Facebook into arbitration, small claims or regular court.

LJ