X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misho
    • Apr 2016

drunk driving in netherlands

Hello, my name is misho ,I'm 18 . I was recently arrested in netherlands for driving under the influence of alcohol . breath test showed 795 micrograms (quite high) . the court date was set at 29 june at haarlem. I was wondering if it's mandatory to physically be present since I 'm studying in Italy right now. and also what will be the amount of fine that I will probably receive . thanks .
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: drunk driving in netherlands

I wish to inform you that as charges are under criminal law or penal law thus your presence may be required in court. As payment is only of fine and if you cannot appear during court hearing then your attorney may seek permission of court. Generally in matters involving penal laws appearance may be required in court.

AFF

Comment

• Highwayman
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by AFFA
      As payment is only of fine...
      Wrong again. Jail is a possible sentence.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Nov 2011

That's very high, I believe 220 micrograms is the limit for an experienced driver. You need an attorney and yes, you will need to appear.

Comment

• Lexus
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2010
          • United States

The Netherlands has strict drink driving laws, allowing only 220 micrograms per litre of exhaled breath or 0.5 grams of alcohol per litre of blood. Drunk drivers are fined; the fee varies depending on the seriousness of the offence. It is also illegal to allow a person to drive if they are over the limit.
          You will have to appear before the court if the level of alcohol in your breath is higher than 351 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath and the public prosecutor may keep your driving licence if the level is more than 571 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath.

Comment

• Highwayman
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Lexus
            The Netherlands has strict drink driving laws...
            This one is 4 years old. I think you need your brain reprogrammed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...