Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Courts, Decisions, Appeals

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2018, 03:11 AM   #1
John Hagger
John Hagger's Flag is: Romania

Default If the European Court of Human Rights rejects a case

Does it reject a person's whole prosecution? I refer, for example, to an instance where one would address the court concerning his/her situation and the Court decides to reject it. Knowing that a rejected case could never be processed again, is that actually for good, as for the person itself? If the rejected case mentioned the same aspects or events that would be brought by a later one, will the latter could still be processed? I tend to think it reffers to the filed case only but a later, similar case's admission would also seem a dull action.
John Hagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: If the European Court of Human Rights rejects a case

I wish to inform you that decisions declaring applications inadmissible are final and
cannot be challenged. If your application was not declared inadmissible the Court, after
examining it, may find that there has been no violation of the Convention or, on the contrary, that your rights have been violated. If it does find a violation, it may award you compensation. However, under no circumstances will the Court set aside a national court’s decision. If the judgment is given by a Committee, it is final and there is no possibility of appeal. A Chamber judgment becomes final 3 months after it was delivered. During those 3 months you or the respondent Government may request that the case be referred to the Grand Chamber for fresh examination. Grand Chamber
judgments are final and not open to appeal.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Unregistered

What I read was that a if the E.C.H.R. rejects a case, it will never be able to process it again. What I am curious to find out is whether the substance of such case would render a similar one rejected by default (as if the E.C.H.R. rejects ALL similar cases, eg:rejects the situation or crimes surrounding the individual).

Old 04-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #4
Unregistered

I used the term 'case' to refer to an 'application'. My curiosity is if a subsequent application would also be unprocessable due to its similarity to the first.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Unregistered

A similar case is not automatically rejected.
And this is true for almost every court worldwide.
Even a very similar case has new and different factors.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:15 AM   #6
Unregistered

ECHR is just one option. You can certainly pursue it in other ways as well.
There is almost always another option. So dont give up!