USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Fired for being Pregnant - Should this be taken to court?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Fired for being Pregnant - Should this be taken to court?

I know under law that I don't have to disclose this to an employer. When I was hired my boss did not know. When I told him I was called a liar, untrustworthy and I took away his right on whether he wanted to hire me.
    I told him that I would return to work after the baby.
    I was fired 3 days after for not putting the phone back, misprinting 4 mugs and supposidly miscalculating on payroll when I used a calculator.
    Should this be taken to court?
  • Bricks41
    ☆☆☆
    • Jun 2008

re: Fired for being Pregnant - Should this be taken to court?

I would say you can. The fact that these events were taken to the extent they were after you brought your pregnency to his attention is key, in my opinion. If he has a problem with a woman not making it known she is pregnant upon hire then he will have an issue that is being discussed with FMLA where an employee is eligible for FMLA due to pregnancy even before the 12 month waiting period.

Call your local Department of Labor offices.
    Human Resources Manager & Payroll Administration

~~There is a balance between the Employees and the Employer~~

Comment

• Unregistered

This week on Tuesday i told the owner of my company i am pregnant, on friday i was told that i was being laid off because of company reorganization and my position no longer exist but, that is impossible. i never missed any days during the 3 1/2 months of this pregnancy if i came in late i always left later. my imidiate boss is a good friend of mine and argued with the owner and the COO who insured her that they discussed this with they're attorney and took every pre-caution to make sure i cant sue them. i've been in this company for 18 months but, not consecutive. i hold very confidential info that would be detremantal to the company and never signed a confidentiality agreement i plan to use this only as a last resort. i dont know what to do please help me who do i contact and how.

Comment

• synjones
        Banned User
        • Sep 2008

There is no need to fired by being Pregnant, because there is a law regarding this all. Now a days the company are providing all the facilities to they employees who they are pregnant.They are allowed to take leave also.So i feel there is no need to worry.

synjones
        [www.superbabyguide.com]

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...