Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Tenant vs Landlord - Tennessee

I have recently signed a lease with a property management company and moved into a privately owned condominium. At the time of viewing the property with an employee from the management company, both garage door openers were working. I asked if they would be providing me with remote controllers for them and she indicated that they would be provided. Upon moving in, one of the garage door openers failed, and no remote controllers were provided despite many requests. If I give them written notice and 14 days to recitfy the situation and nothing changes, would it be reasonable to have the garage door openers replaced myself and deduct it from the rent, even though it does not involve a matter of health or safety?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #12
nborkowski

Default Re: Tenant vs Landlord - Tennessee

My landlord, gave me a 30 day notice to find another place to live the day after I give them rent and reporting brown water coming from the kitchen sink. I sent them a video too.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No