Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
Jackwolfskin123
Jackwolfskin123's Flag is: India

Default Credit card problem

Hi I a.m a credit card defaulter for months now. Recently I have been contacted by bank representative about my account. I told them the truth that I lost my job 4months ago Thats why I was Not able to settle the card. Recently they emailed me asking for the following:
1. Current visa copy 2. Other bank liabilities 3. Resignation/termination letter. its someone from there legal consultant and lead recovery.
My question is what the purpose why they are asking me for this one? They do already possible filed the case? Is it better for me to provide the information that they Need?
Jackwolfskin123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-10-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
ccdebt
ccdebt's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: Credit card problem

I think they are going to offer you a settlement plan and want to know if you are really terminated from your job
ccdebt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 02:39 AM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwolfskin123 View Post
Hi I a.m a credit card defaulter for months now. Recently I have been contacted by bank representative about my account. I told them the truth that I lost my job 4months ago Thats why I was Not able to settle the card. Recently they emailed me asking for the following:
1. Current visa copy 2. Other bank liabilities 3. Resignation/termination letter. its someone from there legal consultant and lead recovery.
My question is what the purpose why they are asking me for this one? They do already possible filed the case? Is it better for me to provide the information that they Need?
Possibly they might be converting your outstanding to easy installment plan.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
keannu
keannu's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
If you are paying credit shield they would recover it from insurance and you maybe free. I am not sure if you resign but if got terminated maybe.
keannu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
Jackwolfskin123
Jackwolfskin123's Flag is: India

Quote:
Originally Posted by keannu View Post
If you are paying credit shield they would recover it from insurance and you maybe free. I am not sure if you resign but if got terminated maybe.
I did Not pay credit shield. I was terminate without a cause
Jackwolfskin123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #6
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
To find out if you are really not working and to restructure your liability may be, if they ask for another cheque from you then i would advise you do not issue them again. This can make them file cases twice on you for the same liability.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:55 AM   #7
Lexus
Top Level Member

It is better to contact the bank directly for a settlement than to handover the documents to a collection company.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote