Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Consumer Bankruptcy

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #11
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile
Default Re: after police case and travel banned cleared..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBTUSA View Post
Hi Dontyouworry:
I have told a few people with possible bounced check cases to get in contact with you.
Thank you for referring as well. Appreciate it!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-18-2018, 11:38 PM   #12
GBTUSA
GBTUSA's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Thank you for referring as well. Appreciate it!
You are most welcome.
GBTUSA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #13
Unregistered

Smile Re: after police case and travel banned cleared..

GOOD NEWS
Now, check online if you have a travel ban or financial cases registered in Dubai

How to check if you have a travel ban:
■ Visit dubaipolice.gov.ae or download the Dubai Police app on Android or iOS
■ Click on ‘Services’ link
■ Click on ‘Individuals’
■ Search for ‘criminal status of financial cases’
■ Enter the service using Emirates ID
■ Call 901 for more information about the service

Old 09-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #14
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Residents of Dubai can now check if they have any financial cases been filed on them by accessing the Dubai police website

https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home

The Eligibility to check this, resident should have a valid Emirates Id and a registered phone number with the Emirates id authorities as most of the time the registered number associated with your Emirates id would be of your company PRO or one of the HR department. Once you browse the Dubai police website or App, click on Services>Individuals>Criminal Status of Financial Cases and enter in your Emirates id number which should not be an expired or cancelled one, you will then get a activation code on the registered mobile number, confirm the number first and if found not to be yours then update your number first by visiting any of the Smart Police Station (SPS). Once the activation code is entered, the status will be shown if any case is filed in Dubai police stations or not. Case/cases in any other Emirate than Dubai will not be displayed, People with cancelled Visas also will not be able to view the same and those who have already left the country cannot view as the Emirates id needs to be in active status.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:21 AM   #15
mentee
mentee's Flag is: Pakistan

Hello there, I am turning 60 years old and I have 3 credit cards which I am unable to pay for the last 3 months since I lost my job last year. I tried to pay the cards till I had money, but now in total I have unpaid credit card debt of about AED 75,000 (60+6+9). What will the procedure be now as the bank is not ready to reduce my debt after I discussed my case with them.

- Is there an option to pay a fine and get rid of the debt?

- If so, what is the procedure as no compliant has been filed against me yet with the police

- In case, a complaint is registered – will it freeze my activities – as in – will I be able to sell my car while having a complaint against my name with the police?

- What are the things that will get affected in the case a complaint should be registered under my name?

- When the complaint is registered – will it bar me from exiting the country?

- As my car is financed by another bank but whose installments are still being paid by my wife (loan under her name but car is registered in my name) - should I transfer my car to another person’s name before case is filed against me as a precautionary measure?

Your timely advice is will greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
mentee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2018, 01:56 PM   #16
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentee View Post
Hello there, I am turning 60 years old and I have 3 credit cards which I am unable to pay for the last 3 months since I lost my job last year. I tried to pay the cards till I had money, but now in total I have unpaid credit card debt of about AED 75,000 (60+6+9). What will the procedure be now as the bank is not ready to reduce my debt after I discussed my case with them.

Quote:
- Is there an option to pay a fine and get rid of the debt?
Yes there is but you have to wait for the banks to file a case on you in order to do that, until they file, do not get into any conversation with them, doing so will only increase your stress.

Quote:
- If so, what is the procedure as no compliant has been filed against me yet with the police
You just do not reply to anything they say via emails or SMS, they will file a case not very soon, just wait for it as there is nothing you can do to make them file a case sooner.

Quote:
- In case, a complaint is registered – will it freeze my activities – as in – will I be able to sell my car while having a complaint against my name with the police?
None of your activities will be freezed as it is just a misdemeanor case which would end up having a judgement of court fine.

Quote:
- What are the things that will get affected in the case a complaint should be registered under my name?
Only two things, you wont be able to renew or cancel your visa and you will not be allowed to travel outside the country until the case is closed.

Quote:
- When the complaint is registered – will it bar me from exiting the country?
It will be a misdemeanor case of cheque dishonor and yes you cannot exit the country unless thee case is closed.

Quote:
- As my car is financed by another bank but whose installments are still being paid by my wife (loan under her name but car is registered in my name) - should I transfer my car to another person’s name before case is filed against me as a precautionary measure?
definitely not, you are overthinking. There is no need of doing all that at all.

Your timely advice is will greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
All the best!